Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Kobe's passing really puts life into perspective. I have a twin sister. We've been beefing since my mom passed. Mostly my fault because I can be a real a$$hole at times but I finally reached out to her today. Told her how much I love her and that I wanted to put all the petty drama and bullshyt aside. I have a 3 year old nephew who will be 4 this year. Haven't seen him in a long time now and I wanna be a part of his life. Also sent out messages to people letting them know I love them and what they mean to me.
:mjcry:

Yeah, I was reading how Kobe had just started patching things up with his pops, and I had a connection with him that I never would have realized. My pops and I went through a rough patch over something relatively small and stupid, but we were both stubborn and set in our ways, to the point that he didn't come to my wedding. It didn't really bother me, and I think the fact that it didn't bother me kinda left him like :ohhh:. I had my uncle (his brother) walk my moms down the aisle. But looking at it through the lens of yesterday's tragedy, I'm glad we patched it over pretty quickly (like a couple months later), and when he passed a few years later, we was good money.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Empire State Building

empirestate1-768x448.jpg

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Kobe's passing really puts life into perspective. I have a twin sister. We've been beefing since my mom passed. Mostly my fault because I can be a real a$$hole at times but I finally reached out to her today. Told her how much I love her and that I wanted to put all the petty drama and bullshyt aside. I have a 3 year old nephew who will be 4 this year. Haven't seen him in a long time now and I wanna be a part of his life. Also sent out messages to people letting them know I love them and what they mean to me.

Do me a favor and don't just forget whatever it was and actual handle it.

Don't just drop it. TRUST ME. Ya'll mom died. I'm sure it wasn't that petty.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm ordering this as we speak. Had the 8 as a kid, bring it back 20 years later

thumb.aspx

from where if you don’t mind my asking?

I didn't have the presence of mind to order one for myself yesterday

and now they’re all gone on most reputable sites

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Yeah, I was reading how Kobe had just started patching things up with his pops, and I had a connection with him that I never would have realized. My pops and I went through a rough patch over something relatively small and stupid, but we were both stubborn and set in our ways, to the point that he didn't come to my wedding. It didn't really bother me, and I think the fact that it didn't bother me kinda left him like :ohhh:. I had my uncle (his brother) walk my moms down the aisle. But looking at it through the lens of yesterday's tragedy, I'm glad we patched it over pretty quickly (like a couple months later), and when he passed a few years later, we was good money.
My twin sister is actually gonna get married eventually. She's engaged. I'm petty enough to not have gone to my own twin sister's wedding over some beef. Glad I reached out and extented the olive branch. I shared a womb with her.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
This might backfire, but, an incredible gesture.

Nike Pulls Kobe Bryant Products From Website

After issuing an official statement earlier today in which it called Bryant one of the greatest athletes of his generation, Nike has pulled Kobe-related products from its website. As of press time, a search for "Kobe" on nike.com produces only Los Angeles Lakers-themed gift cards and redirects to the brand's memorial message.

Consignment Store Isn't Letting Resellers Profit Off Kobe Bryant's Passing

Not everyone is OK with this going on. Jaysse Lopez, owner of Urban Necessities, a consignment store based out of Las Vegas and New York, is shutting down the profiteering off Kobe Bryant sneakers from his business.

In a statement, the store said:

"Consignors,

Due to the recent passing of Kobe Bryant and out of respect for his family and legacy, we will not allow price changes on Kobe items that are consigned. If you have increased prices on Kobe items, we will be reverting the price back to the original listing price. If you feel this is unacceptable and would like to request a return of your item(s), click the link below to login to your account, click "Dashboard" at the top and select "Return Request."

Vices, a store in Denver, has gone one step further and pulled all Kobe Bryant merchandise from its sales floor and is not accepting anymore of it at the moment.

I feel bad for buying VC to get a Kobe jersey and shorts on 2k19

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I popped in 2k10 and 2k20. Scored 8 points with Kobe in a row and quit. Kobe couldn't be stopped in either game. Kobe was a 97 in 2k10. Only five players were in the 90's. Kobe, Wade, James, CP3, and Melo. Kobe was 1st overall. I did see J.J. Redikk who was a 52 in the game and Brian Scalabrine who was a 44 overall :dead: