Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

scarhead

All Star
Daps
I’ve been just reflecting on how fragile we are as humans. Kobe had to one of the most strong-willed, confident, self-assured, confident men that ever lived. This guy came into the league as a teenager and dominated against grown men and stayed dominant during his long career and rightfully built an aura of invincibility around him. And then his life was taken away in an instant. This hits me harder than MJ’s death because we could always see the vulnerability in MJ. We could see the cracks so to speak where he was breaking down (or being torn apart by the haters to be more accurate) but Kobe? Kobe was a warrior, an assassin, the apex predator...but even he couldn’t escape the fragility of life. This really puts things in a different perspective for me.

Inferno

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East Bay
I’ve been just reflecting on how fragile we are as humans. Kobe had to one of the most strong-willed, confident, self-assured, confident men that ever lived. This guy came into the league as a teenager and dominated against grown men and stayed dominant during his long career and rightfully built an aura of invincibility around him. And then his life was taken away in an instant. This hits me harder than MJ’s death because we could always see the vulnerability in MJ. We could see the cracks so to speak where he was breaking down (or being torn apart by the haters to be more accurate) but Kobe? Kobe was a warrior, an assassin, the apex predator...but even he couldn’t escape the fragility of life. This really puts things in a different perspective for me.

kobe reached the peak of humanity, and then it was all taken just like that :mjcry:

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Man every time I read or watch a video I tear up.

I wasn’t even a Kobe fan like that, I recognized his greatness and respected his game so much cause I’m a basketball fan first, but I never thought I would be feeling like this. Feel like my childhood is gone

Kobe was so insightful too, so well spoken Hearing him on 2k just dropping gems. I wish I would have stanned him instead of marbury( no diss to starbury)

I remember my nikka Kurt calling me when he dropped 81 ain’t even believe this nikka it seemed outrageous. fukking 81 points breh, I’m so mad I never got to see him play live

rip to Kobe his daughter and all the lost ones, shyt will never be same

Last edited:

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
Rest easy to Kobe, Wilt, Reggie Lewis, Len Bias, Pete Maravich, Drazen Petrovic, Malik Sealy, Lorenzen Wright, Bobby Phills, Ricky Berry, Bison Dele, Eddie Griffin, Hank Gathers, Conrad McRae, Tractor Taylor, Jason Collier...

All those ballers that left us too soon

I just recently caught up with dele's story on YouTube

That shyt is crazy n fukkin sad:mjcry:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I'm ordering this as we speak. Had the 8 as a kid, bring it back 20 years later

thumb.aspx