Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
I was listening to the pregame show and for the Kings game tonight and Gary Gerould (longtime radio Kings play by play) tried to find something close to what happened on a Kings standpoint.

Ricky Berry's suicide and Bobby Hurley's auto accident were mentioned :mjcry:

Listening to Luke Walton talk about it now :snoop:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — Oscar-winner and longtime Lakers fan Jack Nicholson is mourning the loss of his late friend Kobe Bryant, who died in a helicopter crash Sunday. A heartbroken Nicholson spoke exclusively to CBSLA’s Jim Hill about Bryant hours after the accident.

“My reaction is the same as almost all of LA.,” Nicholson said. “Where we think everything’s solid, there’s a big hole in the wall. I was used to seeing and talking to Kobe that… it kills you. It’s just a terrible event.”

GettyImages-519508156.jpg

Actor Jack Nicholson watches from his courtside seat as Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers shoots under pressure from Luc Richard Mbah a Moute of the Los Angeles Clippers during their NBA game on April 6, 2016 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. The Clippers defeated the Lakers 91-81. / AFP / FREDERIC J. BROWN (FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP via Getty Images)

Nicholson recalled the first time he met Bryant: “I teased him the first time we met. It was at the Garden in New York and I offered him a basketball and asked him if he wanted me to autograph it for him. He looked at me like I was crazy.”

And there were the countless special moments he witnessed from his famed court side seat.

“I sat right behind his jump shot on the left hand side. I can see him going up and I can tell the first instant if it’s going in. ”

“I remember the totality of how great a player he was… We’ll think of him all the time and we’ll miss him,” he said sadly.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
kobe might have had the goat phone contact list with all these stories coming out. Dude was like a godfather and had time for everyone :wow:

Dude was so revered, was reading how he and vanessa and the kids went to a catholic church every for mass every sunday , how he would be shooting hoops in the local playground all the time.
Breh I know! Everybody has come out and said one way or another that they had JUST talked to Kobe! Damn it hurts so much because I know he looked forward to being a mentor for the future generations.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Kobe's passing really puts life into perspective. I have a twin sister. We've been beefing since my mom passed. Mostly my fault because I can be a real a$$hole at times but I finally reached out to her today. Told her how much I love her and that I wanted to put all the petty drama and bullshyt aside. I have a 3 year old nephew who will be 4 this year. Haven't seen him in a long time now and I wanna be a part of his life. Also sent out messages to people letting them know I love them and what they mean to me.
:mjcry: