Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
Just the thought of having to refer to Kobe now as the late Kobe Bryant is something that is very painful and will hurt for a very long time. I remember his first point as a Laker, the incredible journey all the way to the final point he scored, to barely scratching the surface of his new phase after basketball. Then I saw Gigi was on the helicopter to and it hurt even more

RIP to all involved, a very sad day I will never forget :mjcry:

Noah

All Star
Daps
Idk about y'all and idk if it's ultimately necessary, but I'd love to see a game thread for when they air Kobe's last game. I'm not missing it for anything and there's nothing like being connected with people who are watching the same moments.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Reading this again. Told my nieces I love them and I'm dedicating myself to being the best teacher/uncle/mentor I can be.
46110753_2618212554860867_5852405029750702080_o.jpg
Literally got my pops this book for his bday early this month and told him let me know how it is cause I may get it for myself. Definitely copping now.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
don’t give the devils making jokes the attention they want

Any jokes or slick comments on here will be an immediate ban. Mods have done an excellent job making sure respect and order are kept in this thread and on the board.

anyone thinking so say something slick wrong should realize those that did before them were banned and the comments were immediately removed so there is zero reason to even consider saying anything negative.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I turned 33 a month ago. I saw all 6 of MJ's titles but was too young to remember his NC days and early battles with the Pistons. I watched and remember Kobe from his rookie season. MJ is mythic to me but Kobe was a legend I saw everything from. I took for granted what I witnessed because I thought I'd get old and keep seeing him at All Star games with gray in his hair like Bill Russell and I'd be telling young dudes they didn't know shyt about how great this dude was. The tears haven't stopped and I still don't think this has really hit me fully yet. I'm playing nothing but Victory Lap today, but that only makes it hurt more. shyt sounds like a Kobe soundtrack. This part of his life was supposed to be his victory lap. Dedication? Who embodied that more than Bean?

Whats weird is I felt the inverse of that. As a major Kobe fan, I invested a lot of time in not liking LeBron. When Kobe died, alot of the anger I felt towards Bron evaporated. It’s bigger than basketball. These are people. And we should enjoy them while they’re here instead of picking them apart for silly debates. The crazy thing is we (the stans/fans) fought each other tooth and nail when they saw each other as brothers :mjcry: So in honor of Bean, I want to see LeBron win a couple more rings especially for the Lakers.

I couldn't sleep much. A lot of people couldn't for different reasons. I stayed up checking this thread, reading tweets, watching old youtube vids, etc
And this is for someone I spent at least half of his career *hating*. At nearly every turn I rooted against him. I spent half my life arguing against Kobe. AI vs. Kobe? Give me A.I. Kobe vs. TMac? Give me TMac. KG vs. Kobe? Give me KG. Rooted for the Blazers, rooted for the Kings, rooted for the Suns.

The origin being that I was an MJ fan. It was too soon for me to see a potential threat to his crown. Sometimes hate derives from fear. At the time I didn't view it as such, but in retrospect it was. I feared Kobe being as good as MJ. I then became a LeBron fan. He was different enough from MJ...that I felt like they'd be too different/difficult to compare. So if he fell short oh well. However, Bron was my bridge to hoping Kobe wouldn't be viewed as the GOAT. The thing about Kobe though is no matter my hate/fear dude always found a way to succeed...usually ended better than who I rooted for. I was like how can somebody be this confident, how can someone have such a strong will. He just did.

Thankfully I learned to appreciate/respect Kobe for Greatness the latter half of his career.

So Why was I up doing all these things?

Cause it truly hit me how I didn't appreciate that man like I should have when he was alive. Like I'm trying to make up time that was wasted. Sometimes we spend more time trying to undermine somebody instead of understanding them. I can have my favs, I can have my critiques, but I don't need hate. Now some of that simply came with age because I just got tired of that energy.

I lowkey envy brehs like @CantStop @10bandz and all the other brehs. Cause they got to truly embrace his greatest moments.....in the moment. I missed it.

The shame is what @CHICAGO hinted at with his daughter. You could see him building for her future. Them being similar is what he seemed most proud of. She can carry on both his legacy while created her legacy. To whatever success or road that might be.

So not only robbing him of his life....but hers is what hurts the most.

Last edited: