Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
It feels worse because NBA players tend to live long lives. Think of the top25 players ever, almost all are still alive. I mean guys like Havlicek are only recently starting to die from old age.

Last edited:

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
Been holding in tears all day and finally they just started falling a few minutes ago... Bro really gone man.

That's how I felt. I woke to a flurry of texts tellin me the news and it ain't register to me its real. My mom called and asked if I was alright, I told her yeah I'm just kinda speechless. Then a few hours later I'm ballin lookin at pictures of him and his daughter over the news. This really happened and its fukked up :mjcry:

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That's it for tonight :mjcry: even if you ain't into sports, this is sad. I guess for my gen, he was our answer to Jordan. Jordan was everywhere when I was a kid. Everywhere. Him and Lebron. I guess this is what happens when your environment impacts your life. I'm not even basketball fan and this hurts.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Same here breh, rooted against him. But once he caught that charge, I felt it was a money grab and I started rooting for him.

MJ was always my favorite player and I felt we got to see another 20 years of MJ through Kobe. It was truly a joy to watch him play.

That bytch was lying.

And I agree with everything else you said. Everyone wanted to be like MJ. Kobe was the only that actually did it and got 5 rings. Jordan probably looks at him like a surrogate son or little brother. I always felt like he couldn’t even hate on Bean because it would be like hating on himself.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kobebryantinnbacourtside.jpg

Yall remember this? Man does time fly

Rip KOBE

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
it was too perfect brehs...

Tall, good looking black man, was fashionable in a designer suit or sweats, could talk on a sports panel or a news panel, spoke several languages, accomplished basically everything possible in a professional sport, WORSHIPPED by ppl in LA, beautiful wife, beautiful daughters, had an Oscar, part owner of a success sports drink, had his life planned going forward completely apart from basketball. I'm leaving alot out here but..

It was just too perfect brehs...:mjcry:

Gigi was a great athlete in her own right, him raising his daughters and teaching her and the camp bball.. he was a huge soccer fan and had all the respect of the players in that sport and he was out in Europe having conversations about racism out there in the sport and he was trying to educate out there too. :wow: