Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
These were so dope I remember getting a fresh pair when I was a kid and feelin like I was the shyt

d1aoifc8u6czubg9mzhj.jpg

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Breh it's 3.20 am here in Paris and can't bring myself to go to bed. Like I'm waiting for a miracle and for someone to stop this bad dream. Everyone on my social media been posting about Kobe even people I had no idea were into basketball. Congolese writers. Italian literary pages. Random spanish street-artists. Old and young, men and women, don't matter.

For people of my age (39) we literally saw Kobe grow up. From the young kid who came into the league with that swagger and cockiness to the 5 time NBA champ veteran sitting down and dropping jewels in that All the Smoke intw. All the ups and downs, the air-balls in Utah, Shaq, the 3peat, all the highlights, the struggle years, Smush and them, 81pts, Pau, lighting up the Garden, back to back, the injuries, the fading away but going away with 60. Breh damn near spent the majority of his life in the NBA. Think about that. And we witnessed it all. What a journey. And in some crazy way, it seemed to be only the beginning, you just knew great things were coming : already a award in his retirement life, working out with younger players, coaching Gigi. Her being dead too is just too much to process. I can't even imagine what the family is going through right now.

I don't know brehs, this one really hits hard. I'm so glad I started following and stanning Kobe more and more as the years went by and appreciated his greatness. And he seemed to be happy and at peace with where he was.

Special shout-out to Lakers fans. Always respected the hell out of the Lakers, the league is better when you're good. Hate to know y'all going through this. Glad to see that my Knicks did a tribute the way they did. I've stanned a lot of players since starting to follow the league in 93, and Kobe ended up being my favorite.

I don't have kids nor a GF/wife but for the brehs who do, hold them tight.

RIP Mamba and Gigi.

Last edited:

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
morbid question, but how many living pro athletes past or present would have this kinda impact in death? Lebron no doubt. Tiger and Brady? MJ? i almost feel like due to age and everything Kobe seemed way more invincible.

Sports

Ronaldo, Jordan, Bron

Music

Beyonce, Mariah Carey

This is just tragic man

Daps
Man was an absolute legend. Very sad news, especially about his daughter, that took me out a bit. Kobe’s a prime example of someone who was put on this earth for a reason.

Him dying the day after Lebron passed him in scoring is one of if not the most surreal things I’ve ever witnessed. 100% a “we live in a simulation” moment.

man went out trying to be a good dad too. Gave 20 years to us and was doing his best to give the rest of his life to his kids. Smh. Life is strange, and if a god does exist it isn’t what we think it is, it must lack empathy.