Knack PAX Impressions

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
We dont know that yet tho is what im saying. And if the only people thats played the game says its pretty fun then maybe we shouldnt start reviewing the game base off trailer

Not basing it off a trailor. I'm basing it off a 15 minute gameplay walkthrough and what we know to be confirmed about the game.

It being "fun" doesn't disqualify it from being shallow. And your right we should wait untill release to pass judgement. I'm iust giving my opinion at this point in time, it's highly unlikely that they are hiding some great part of the game mechanics that we just don't know about, but we'll see.

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
But you said you dont' play platformers. What is it breh?? U play Xbox platformers only? :stopitslime:

I haven't played Project Spark (neither have you either I believe :comeon: )

but if there is a "platformer" that doesn't fit the mold of a cookie cutter one it's P.S. The content creation features trump anything else that fits into that mold

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not getting in yall back and forth, but yall killing me with this 'made for kids...i'm too old for that shyt...it looks simple/shallow' talk....when the hell did gaming start having age limits?...when did deciding whether or not to play a game get determined by the complexity of the game?...none of that shyt matters to me...i'm a gamer, if a game looks fun to me, i'm play it...this shyt looks fun to me, so i'm play it...now whether or not it actually is fun is another story; but i'm find out after I play it...

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is all still true. That's exactly how she described it and she said she had fun.

We all know that 99% of you dudes in this thread have no intention on getting this game. But I'll let y'all hype it up since its a Sony game.

But you copping Forza, Ryse, Dead Rising 3 all this holiday season right? :leostare:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
not getting in yall back and forth, but yall killing me with this 'made for kids...i'm too old for that shyt...it looks simple/shallow' talk....when the hell did gaming start having age limits?...when did deciding whether or not to play a game get determined by the complexity of the game?...none of that shyt matters to me...i'm a gamer, if a game looks fun to me, i'm play it...this shyt looks fun to me, so i'm play it...now whether or not it actually is fun is another story; but i'm find out after I play it...
One of my biggest pet peeves of new generation gaming...is this notion that a game can't be fun unless it is matured themed with online play...I'm not saying I'm coping this, but it's one of the few games coming out on launch for PS4....it just gotta get decent reviews and I'm in

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of my biggest pet peeves of new generation gaming...is this notion that a game can't be fun unless it is matured themed with online play...I'm not saying I'm coping this, but it's one of the few games coming out on launch for PS4....it just gotta get decent reviews and I'm in

pretty much...it's not just gaming though, the 'mature, realistic, darker, etc.' themes seem to be going on in every aspect of the entertainment industry, which doesn't mean better...to get back on topic: the number of games at launch isn't a factor for me...the game just looks like fun to me...

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
pretty much...it's not just gaming though, the 'mature, realistic, darker, etc.' themes seem to be going on in every aspect of the entertainment industry, which doesn't mean better...to get back on topic: the number of games at launch isn't a factor for me...the game just looks like fun to me...
The game does look fun to me also...I meant to add that in my comment.....but yea, I thought I was the only one that noticed the over use of dark and matured themes in entertainment....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The game does look fun to me also...I meant to add that in my comment.....but yea, I thought I was the only one that noticed the over use of dark and matured themes in entertainment....

naw, you not the only one...that shyt is being over used, but they getting away with it by calling it 'realistic'...that shyt aint realistic, more like some fukked up thoughts/fantasies...but that's another discussion for another thread...

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
because I'm a grown ass man with no children I don't play kiddie games or platformers

more power to all you adults who do, but theres a reason nintendo has been irrelevant to hardcore gamers for 2 generations now.
Yes, because of a focus on motion controls and other gimmicks. Same shyt Microsoft is focusing on now.

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Never really been big on 3d platformers. I think the last one I actually bought was Mario Sunshine :heh:. Ill try the demo maybe if they have one.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I don't think gaming has age limits. And I don't think a game needs to look "mature" to be great. One of my favorite games this year was ni no kuni.

But even lighthearted/family games need some depth to them. I have kids and I buy and play plenty of games with them. My daughter knows when she gets a shallow game wit repetitive mechanics no matter how good it's characters look(most Disney movie games). And from what I've seen this game is linear beat em up with limited combos and a gimicky growth/shrink mechanic. It looks to be fun for a while, but nothing that would hold mine or my daughters attention for very long.