Kingsman: The Golden Circle

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Watching it now. Definitely a step down from the first one, but it's still watchable. Typical Coli reactions here; it's not trash, but it's not great either. Might end up a solid 7.

:mjlol: at headshot brain repair tech tho.

Yeah in the coli world it can’t be good or fine. If the shyt ain’t great then it’s booty smh.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That heel turn was fukkin stupid, so was Merlyn's ending. I was ready to give this a 7, but those 2 parts really lowered it. :francis:

Overall it's worth a watch, even if they did some stupid shyt (if you're a fan of the franchise).
The movie by itself actually isn't even bad, its just that it devalues so much of what made the franchise unique for such pathetic shoe-in moves. It manages to be decent and even entertaining, but for Tatum and Halle Berry?

....why do the old cast dirty too? like its one or the other?

If they turn it around in a sequel, if they get one, I'll be the first one back on the wagon but that's how franchises die and get forgotten.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I bought it, thought it was dope.

I forgot which part I was rolling on but there was one. Probably could never live up to the first but it tried. Definitely not as bad as overreactors are saying

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
if you want to bet it all on a channing tatum pushing this franchise from here on that's on you :hubie:

I'm not betting on anything lol I'm just saying what you're saying is opinion and not fact breh. That's it. Also, Channing is quite the star now man. It ain't impossible :manny:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm not betting on anything lol I'm just saying what you're saying is opinion and not fact breh. That's it. Also, Channing is quite the star now man. It ain't impossible :manny:
I don't think the dislike for this movie is really based on the movie by itself, but what it did to the franchise.

I mean, it was decent. even good at some parts. But needlessly dismantling a lot of the franchise's identity to do it - Its not a stretch at all to put this in the same category as other sequels like Kickass 2, Independence Day 2, etc

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't think the dislike for this movie is really based on the movie by itself, but what it did to the franchise.

I mean, it was decent. even good at some parts. But needlessly dismantling a lot of the franchise's identity to do it - Its not a stretch at all to put this in the same category as other sequels like Kickass 2, Independence Day 2, etc

Yeah I disagree. The identity is still the same. Identity changing would be, for me anyway, a shift in tone and a shift in what the franchise means. It evolved its characters and its settings, it didn't suddenly become a romantic comedy or a farce.

The reason Kick ass 2 didn't work is because it lost its sense of humor. The reason ID2 didn't work is because the first movie wasn't that great to begin with and this one was just a bigger version of a thing that wasn't really good. Bigger doesn't equal better