Kings trade Haliburton, Hield, Kardashian to Indy for Sabonis + more

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
This is what happens when people with no understanding about basketball run NBA franchises.

Your team needs more defense, not less. So you trade for a guy who plays barely any defense. Oh ok. Sabonis is a great guy who needs to be paired with defensive minded teammates. A team like Warriors would have been perfect for him but dumbass Myers thinks Wiseman is generational player or something lol.

Fox and Bagley look like they don't even want to play in Sacramento, why trade Tyrese then? They had Tyrese for potentially 5 years. You are putting your all hopes in Sabonis trade where if it fails your entire core will no longer want to be a part of your franchise. All of that for hoping to hop on the 10th seed, yikes!

Last edited:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Indiana didn’t want Fox.
For the Kings, that's been the goal. They just wanna break this drought. I don't blame them.

Kings fans are pissed because Haliburton was their guy, but once they drafted Mitchell (still hate the move), it made one of Fox/Haliburton expendable.
They wanted Wagner. Not sure why they didn’t trade up for him.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
I feel like if you're trading for Sabonis and giving up a young talent like a Haliburton, it'd be a team that's a contender to push them over the top or a 5/6 seed to become a contender, not a team that's not even in the play-in :gucci:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
nikka did you say elite defense? If you don’t get the fukk out of here. He’s averaging double digits assists as they lose games - none of that shyt is impactful. Halliburton is Brogdon at his peak. Fox at last year’s level of play was bordering on All Star PG.
Nah he ain't Brogdon at his peak yet. Brogdon at his peak is better than both of them. He's just always hurt.

Fox on the other hand even last year with the numbers he had, was giving it all back on defense.

They coulda had the 2020 #1 pick for Fox. In hindsight, that's gonna hurt the Kings.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Nah he ain't Brogdon at his peak yet. Brogdon at his peak is better than both of them. He's just always hurt.

Fox on the other hand even last year with the numbers he had, was giving it all back on defense.

They coulda had the 2020 #1 pick for Fox. In hindsight, that's gonna hurt the Kings.
Nah I mean his ceiling is Brogdon. Fox should be a much better defender though. I don’t get that about him. He was better his first two years.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I feel like if you're trading for Sabonis and giving up a young talent like a Haliburton, it'd be a team that's a contender to push them over the top or a 5/6 seed to become a contender, not a team that's not even in the play-in :gucci:
They want to try to make the playoffs. The play-in is designed to have teams try. Why are we mad that teams are still trying to salvage their seasons?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Dont know...he's a tall point guard that will give you 20/10 in the future...while shooting 40% from 3 and will play D. This nikka was a no brainer piece to put next to Embiid.

I woulda took either Haliburton or Brogdon in a Simmons trade. Simmons automatically puts the GM who trades for him in the hot seat unless Simmons turns into Klay.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
They want to try to make the playoffs. The play-in is designed to have teams try. Why are we mad that teams are still trying to salvage their seasons?
I think I'm just more shocked. I didn't expect the Kings to be buyers. I just thought they'd just play out who they had and hope for the best.