King Von killed in Atlanta

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
fam stop.
The internet killed all that conspiracy theory shyt because these dudes start poppin before any label or :flabbynsick: brehs like us know who they are.

Especially in a city like Chicago...
...all you need is a little neighborhood name...a couple dollars and some friends...
...you can have an album w/ a video shot in no time.

I’m not :flabbynsick: yet your on your own with that one :usure:

Mtt

Superstar
Daps
Let them know that we will not stand for any negative portrayals in the media period. The same way they operate.
To be fair the fans/consumers dictate the careers and content from rappers.
Back then there was a tug of war between backpackers type raps and gangsta rap. Even though both can co exist. The record labels only care about the new wave and what's selling and what's hot so as gangsta rap dominated , folks support more of that. The machine will only give what the people want and force whatever down folks throat. Also,you have a culture of folks have no business being in the streets decide to rap about it or join gangs cause it's fashionable and kids having kids less discipline and the gang culture is so mainstream that lil wayne Chris brown made it even cooler and commercialized. It is what it is to the point folks expect another king von to come and go it's like fast food on to the next ...sad but true. Having beefs may not always be a wise business decision but beefs keeps gets you attention and fans and entourages encourage it....

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just realized after the :06 mark the guy shoots von, gets shot by I don't know who, but it looks he tries to shoot him one more time afterwards but couldn't. Too wounded to pull the trigger. Who video is sad:francis:

Looks like Rondo helping the shooter in this video, you can see the sleeves. Who thinks about recording when dude near death? :francis: Wild generation.

Sounds like the shooter died as well, after getting shot by off duty cop.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Smdh damn, nikkas snatched his chain while he bleeding out on the floor
:francis:
I don’t think so, looks like dude was trying to help him after he realized he got shot. But since they were it was dudes homie that shot him, he got thrown off.

Mtt

Superstar
Daps
Yes by marketing and profiting off of people like Cheef Keef they set the blue print.

0nevpnqkcyhd_t.jpg
Chief keef broke into the scene from his independent video with gun and goons and indie format that attracted folks with his own authenticity. He "later" signed with major label cause fans was showing him love and see him popping. The record labels will only give you a better and larger platform to promote "your" music and content that you create if you already was popping like keef was with his gangsta content.

Yes labels can sign you and encourage you to confirm to what fukkery the public want however, no one forced Keef to rap about killing smoking his rivals on his homeade videos and this is All before having a major deal.

However, consumers have the power to buy and support who doesent promote black violence etc...no one forced Chris brown, Soldier Boy, to be clicked up with bloods or lil wayne. They had no reason too and they didn't have to promote it publicly.The record industry feed people what they want . Folks love the fukkery the beefs no one wants to admit that. You have dudes shaming back pack rappers that not about that life and they don't need compared to street based rappers. You have many indie artists promoting fukkery as well. Hence why some rappers see it as the blue print to be successful.

Also when your young and you have street crew and gangs before they started rapping, the money only amplifies things.

50cent told Soldier Boy to go get that Disney money and Soldier Boy did the opposite and went on a fukkery spree that almost ruined him when he could have made way more money but luckily he has some bread.

Last edited:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
It's a tragedy but I feel no sympathy for Von. He was asking for it.

What bothers me is this huge spike in young rappers dying.

People will say "but but the 90s were more violent" but I've never seen rappers getting killed at this rate.

I personally think there's a greater culture of violence, nihilism and sociopathic behavior more present in the Black community than ever.

Think about it: those crackheads and street nikkas of the 80s and 90s procreated and what we are seeing is their offspring.

Even worse the digital age and the degradation of moral culture has warped their minds and social media allows beef to fester instead of the old days when you physically had to run into someone for beef to ignite.

Personally I firmly believe if Black folks lived in as close proximity to one another as we did in the 80s and 90s, the murder rate wouldn't be that much different from that time because nikkas are that fukking lost right now.
The murder rate is precipitously lower than it was in the 90s.

The thing that makes shyt look more twisted is now literally anybody can be a rapper. Yo don't need a label, you don't need to go through all of the gatekeepers, or any of that. So a lot of these dudes getting killed I barely even consider rappers, just some full-time gangsters who rap for an easy bag that probably wouldn't have gone farther than being a token weed carrier on a posse cut in the old days.