King Richard official trailer

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Really great movie and story. I struggled with Will as Richard early on in the movie but as the movie went on I found he was great. Maybe it was me getting used to him. He almost felt like he was counting his words early in the movie. Overall, the story was really good and all the actors were great. Especially Venus and Serena. Will definitely give it another watch soon.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Just came back from watching this and this was a great great movie, got emotional there :mjcry:

Can't believe this is not getting more fanfare. That being said I saw it more than a month after it came out and the medium-size room was almost full.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
I was really disappointed in finding out after watching the movie in how Richard scammed the friend and coach after Venus started popping off.
Loved the movie though! Very inspiring.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
i couldnt find it on HBOmax again.
is it gone??

G6A4yZ3.gif

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
5/5 Movie was great. Everybody really showed up for it.

"Slow down, cuh. Aye Richard, this Jimmy Conners lookin cracker witchu?"

"I'm with them"

"Yeah, he's with us"

"Ok, it's bool."

"Yeah, he just white"

"it's bool"

:deadmanny:

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Here's some potential thread material for @BrothaZay :pachaha:

What’s Fact and What’s Fiction in King Richard

Even though Richard is depicted as being so protective of his family and determined to keep them off the mean streets, in fact the Williamses had the money to move out of the neighborhood. Venus spent her first three years in sleepy Long Beach, California before Richard deliberately moved the family to Compton, over the objections of his wife, because he believed the tough environment would give the girls a fighter’s mentality. “What led me to Compton was my belief that the greatest champions came out of the Ghetto,” he wrote. “I had studied sports successes like Muhammad Ali and great thinkers like Malcolm X. I saw where they came from.” He also told CNN, “There was no place in the world that was rougher than Compton. The ghetto will make you rough, it’ll make you tough, it’ll make you strong. And so that’s why I went to Compton with them.”