King Richard official trailer

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Excellent movie.

Will is definitely getting that Oscar. This role was TAILER made for him in the same vein of Pursuit Of Happyness. His only competition is probably Denzel for Macbeth.
2001 all over again :ohhh:
Will-Smith-Denzel-Washington.jpg

This was a great movie :mjcry:

That scene where Richard talks to Serena at the end :wow::mjcry:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Y’all are still acting as if you have the studios financials and access to its streaming performance since it is on there and all. This is no The Last Duel with theater exclusivity
This whole pandemic there's been a correlation between movies which did well( Godzilla vs Kong, Dune) in theaters did well on hbo max, and movies that bombed bombed on both.(In the Heights, King Richard). though i did see some weirdo stat about it having a 100% finish rate amongst everyone who watched it.

but let's keep the same energy as y'all do with every other flick. they promoted the fukk outta this. i've been seeing ads nonstop since August.

i watched it day 1 and liked it fwiw

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I already knew the story and everything, but why this shyt still bring a tear to my eye :mjcry:

FACTS. The entire process of him shopping them and preparing them seemed so farfetched but they really did it. He had his oldhead ways on how he went about it but his daughters are GOATs, shyt is crazy

I compare Richard Williams methods to MJ and Kobe's approach. Yeahhh it prolly aint the right way and it's prolly maniacal, but got dammit it worked.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
This movie was fukken amazing. :mjcry:

I was skeptical because I did see that movie where Will was an African doctor who discovered CTE in football players and all I could see was Will Smith doing an African accent. lol

But in this movie, he was phenomenal. The whole cast really came through.
The movie was great and so was the cast.
It should really win Best Picture but I have a feeling Belfast will because :mjpls:

Will should win for that scene,( you know that scene:mjcry:) alone. That was the Oscar winning scene.

Stop posting twitter shyt. Nobody cares what the fukk some randoms say on twitter.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I liked it until the ending, don't think them shoe companies didn't have nothing to do with that, life effed up.

I looked at it as a female rocky, and this was the first movie in a trilogy that will never be finished because Murica.

Them direct tv commercials right, them Williams sisters real life superheros. 8/10

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
This movie was a complete and utter flop financially
Somebody on okayplayer said it best: pre-pandemic, this would've been the smash hit family movie of the season in theaters. Now...its just another movie to watch in the crib.

Will Smith does a movie based on the Williams sister's father and there's hardly any fanfare? Even this thread only has 6 pages