Kinect 2.0 is gonna sell the system.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
actually this goes back to "lazy" devs. not lazy. but just devs not using their imagination. and it probably has to do with the fact that devs are like hardcore World of Warcraft gamers. Flabby ad sick. or they have this idea of gaming, where it says i dont want to do anything but sit down and play a game. i dont want to be IMMERSED in the game with physical movements. that mentality is what is holding back the kinect as well as the playstation suped up wii stick yall had on the ps3.

i'll give you an example of how it SHOULD be used. and shame on the devs for not doing it. and yes you can have these same features for people who dont use the kinect. but it would be more difficult for them to do(pressing down multiple buttons, basically having to do street fight semi circle + some other button just to get a response from your gaming character."

i told yall this before. the kinect gives you more buttons to press. right now we have what? 2 analogs(2 additional presses of those as buttons), 4 buttons on top, 2 triggers on top, 2 on the bottom.

with all of those buttons we're still running out of space for certain games. here comes the kinect. you can move and speak.

what should have happened is this. the kinect scans you in under 2 conditions. flabby and sick(sitting down) or standing up. this means you can use the kinect in two ways, its up to you how much you want to move.

if you're going to sit down, you cant use your legs and movement, unless we're talking head leans from right to left, or up and down motions. thats it. you have to do any other movement with your controller.

say for instance you're playing titan fall. there's a device where you can throw a shield up. you should have to put your hand up just like the robot does. and if you move your arm around your robots arm moves around. you're in the FP view anyway. so it makes perfect sense. in addition. by using that feature. your robots movement is more accurate then using the controller.(it should be).

basically the actual robot controls should show up for you on the screen if you're going to stand up and play the game or even sitting down. because you will then need that robot dashboard to touch things, turn nobs, move things up and down, etc.

when done right. this will stop a lot of people from spamming buttons. because if you do the same move to often your arms will tire out. your body will physically TIRE.

its like being in one of those pacific rim robots in the movie. due to the physical and mental stress from being inside those bots. you will end up tired.

i would even goes as far to say. make a completely different lobby for those using the kinect and those using controllers. separate the spammers from the non spammers.

lets take it to sports. thats easy. again if i'm playing qb on madden. my passes should be a lot more accurate using kinect then they are using buttons. because it shouldnt have to choose a receiver at all. everything is like real life. i can throw the ball where ever i want. no help or assistance.(yes you need a legit kinect combine to train you for this. so you will get use to it). but after that. skies the limit. you can be the running back too if you want to. you can be a linemen, etc all in First person.

same thing with 2k or live. any of those my player modes, you can easily select First person view + kinect. it means your voice commands will be expanded. to telling teammates to do certain things. yelling at teammates, etc( which could effect your on the court team chemistry in a good or bad way. sure you would technically have to run in place. but you would get use to that after a few games as well. people that play basketball simulate crossing people over all the time without the actual ball. people simulate shooting the ball all the time without the ball. you play defense without the ball.

again. you make two separate lobbies online. Kinect+ users, and Kinectless users. sticks vs sticks. kinect vs kinect. now if you like you could then have a kinect vs user lobby for the hell of it.

but the main thing that has to happen is, where they usually run out of buttons and they make you press two buttons at once or make swinging moves with your analog sticks. thats a control you can use with your hands, feet, head movement etc on the kinect. and it should be more accurate.
how many times have we thrown a simple chest pass in 2k or live and the ball went to the wrong person? way to often. you using kinect to pass. means wherever you are passin that ball. thats where it goes. the moment people realize how much more accuracy you have playing with the kinect. the less controllers you will see and the more kinect users.

does this mean you would be sweating playing that kinect?YES kids in general but society as a whole is fat nowadays anyway. we sit down to much and veg out. so we have to force ourselves to move. this is one more way to do that. yes it goes against your normal thought process when sitting at home chilling playing games. but its new. at some point new will become normal. but it has to be implemented properly.

and shame on MS for not showing these devs these features in the games they make at their own studios.

for instance. the kinect sports bowling was pretty darn accurate on the 360. sure that was a family game. MS should've come out with a legit brunswick pro bowling game. with the exact same accuracy. sure someone else made that game. and it sucked. its easy as heck to make baseball games with it. all you have to do is hit the ball and pitch. those two things takes no movement forward or back. and those are the two main things people want to do in baseball.

the little soccer games kinect sports made..sucked to me. i should be able to move by running in place,and turn side ways, 360, etc. while kicking the ball. again this style of movement will be weird at first but with the right in game training. it will become 2nd nature. and gain once you prove to the stick only guys that you can do much more using the kinect and become more accurate with your movements etc. they will migrate over slowly but surely. and the speed of the migration will get faster and faster as new generations come into gaming via the kinect type of system. since thats the only way they will ever remember how to game.
lol @ this long ass post.

Developers are not using the kinect because most gamers don't care about that BS.

Developers are the LAST people you should call lazy or not imaginative :laff:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
i wonder how these fools inside ms actually did R&D and play tested stuff and actually thought this was good?
The same people who thought gamers would be so thrilled about the tv features in a console released in late 2013

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
where the fukk is that face mapping shyt on the xbox one now?

I'm still shocked how much Microsoft fukked up they really removed the kinect and completely fukked early adopters who thought it would be a vital part of the system and something all xbox owners would have and devs could use and now devs will just ignore it

just pathetic long term planning but Microsoft is a shyt company that got lucky they innovated one time with their windows and have been riding that train since forever and haven't innovated diddly squat or been ahead of the curve ever after that

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo
where the fukk is that face mapping shyt on the xbox one now?

I'm still shocked how much Microsoft fukked up they really removed the kinect and completely fukked early adopters who thought it would be a vital part of the system and something all xbox owners would have and devs could use and now devs will just ignore it

just pathetic long term planning but Microsoft is a shyt company that got lucky they innovated one time with their windows and have been riding that train since forever and haven't innovated diddly squat or been ahead of the curve ever after that
:whoa: their mobile os is pretty good

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
:whoa: their mobile os is pretty good

they got it right years after IOS and Android soaked up all the market share they are always late to the game and too conservative to take chances and risks that can be innovative and have them create a first in the industry and if they do its short-sighted and useless like kinect

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
Most xbox owners dont use kinect, they use the voice commands that the kinect picks up. they couldve easily added a damn mic to the remote like the kindle fire tv mote or/and any damn cell phone with siri or google search. no ones using body movements and fukkin hand gestures to watch tv foh :camby:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol @ this long ass post.

Developers are not using the kinect because most gamers don't care about that BS.

Developers are the LAST people you should call lazy or not imaginative :laff:
i said lazy since people have been using that term. its not laziness. but it is the fact that devs are YOU ...ultra gamers that cry about "this is a gimmick"

they dont personally want to move around with the kinect. only a small select group of them even liked the idea. which is why they refuse to try new things with it.

the long post was me showing you, yes there could be great ideas and uses for it. i named and demonstrated multiple in my long post.

tell me why have they not implemented anything i've stated above?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
i said lazy since people have been using that term. its not laziness. but it is the fact that devs are YOU ...ultra gamers that cry about "this is a gimmick"

they dont personally want to move around with the kinect. only a small select group of them even liked the idea. which is why they refuse to try new things with it.

the long post was me showing you, yes there could be great ideas and uses for it. i named and demonstrated multiple in my long post.

tell me why have they not implemented anything i've stated above?
because they are not going to waste their time with BS that ultimately gamers will NOT support in the long run.

Nintendo tried the gimmick angle for an entire generation breh and had some great games come out on the platform...ask them how that has worked out for them so far this gen. They disrespected the core audience...the Wii attachment rate was abysmal and that was WITH each console coming with Wii Sports. I was telling cats when those wii's were flying off the shelves...Nintendo will pay for their BS...and they are. The profit earned will slowly erode away this generation...it was just announced that they are down 500 MILLION for the year.

Microsoft should have taken notes...Nintendo is taking the hard pill they have to swallow right now. A company in Nintendo which did not suffer a loss like this in 30 YEARS is now down half a BILLION for focusing on BS ass gimmicks that the hardcore audience does not care about. You turn your back on your core audience and you will pay in one way or another...Microsoft smartened up for getting rid of that BS bundle. It was NEVER going to catch on.

If you want to break down why I knew this shyt was going to be a disaster we can...I have done it several times with people who were in denial. At $500...you do not focus on the casual market when it comes to a product that is focused on video games...Sony learned that lesson back in 2006.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because they are not going to waste their time with BS that ultimately gamers will NOT support in the long run.

Nintendo tried the gimmick angle for an entire generation breh and had some great games come out on the platform...ask them how that has worked out for them so far this gen. They disrespected the core audience...the Wii attachment rate was abysmal and that was WITH each console coming with Wii Sports. I was telling cats when those wii's were flying off the shelves...Nintendo will pay for their BS...and they are. The profit earned will slowly erode away this generation...it was just announced that they are down 500 MILLION for the year.

Microsoft should have taken notes...Nintendo is taking the hard pill they have to swallow right now. A company in Nintendo which did not suffer a loss like this in 30 YEARS is now down half a BILLION for focusing on BS ass gimmicks that the hardcore audience does not care about. You turn your back on your core audience and you will pay in one way or another...Microsoft smartened up for getting rid of that BS bundle. It was NEVER going to catch on.

If you want to break down why I knew this shyt was going to be a disaster we can...I have done it several times with people who were in denial. At $500...you do not focus on the casual market when it comes to a product that is focused on video games...Sony learned that lesson back in 2006.
Two things wrong with your statement. The wii attatch rate was actually pretty high (it just wasn't attached to "hardcore" games). And the profits made on the wii and ds aren't even close to eroding. The wii/ds gen was the most profitable by far that any console gen has ever seen and from a business standpoint was a major success.

MS however completely missed the mark with Kinect 2.0.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Two things wrong with your statement. The wii attatch rate was actually pretty high (it just wasn't attached to "hardcore" games). And the profits made on the wii and ds aren't even close to eroding. The wii/ds gen was the most profitable by far that any console gen has ever seen and from a business standpoint was a major success.

MS however completely missed the mark with Kinect 2.0.
I am not denying the success of the wii...it was a major success.

Also, don't let the first party sales and the fact that every wii sold was sold with a game fool you. Third parties were jumping ship immediately because there was no real money to be made...Nintendo came up huge. Even then...they keep losing 500M year after year if they don't fix their issues the profits will evaporate...half a billion dollars is nothing to just shrug off breh

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Most people do more than gaming I suppose. If either console only did gaming would you buy it? I probably wouldn't.
I'm just a Gamer I suppose :manny:
just-a-gangsta.gif