Kinect 2.0 is gonna sell the system.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I couldn't anticipate the fact that they weren't going to make games for the kinect. after one year the thing will have a total of one real game. It was built to fail. But what if... they are unbundling it just because they want to drive up demand. Otherwise its a waste. The tech is amazing and the one game they have is actually pretty fun. But its still just one game.
What kinect game do you imagine being a real game worth buying that's beyond a party game or a gimmick? The tech sounds great but can u honestly imagine a lot of realistically dope games that utilize kinect enough to warrant the premimum people paid for a Xbox one? I'm talking just games wise.

People already went through the original kinect and Wii phases.. The whole party game hype back then has died down a lot these years so I'm just wondering what games were you imagining being dope that are made for kinect.

Climbing and bowling is cool but...anybody that has owned a Wii knows how long that lasts

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They should've locked up some type of deals with devs for made for kinect games before going all in. Seem like they just threw it in there and hinted to devs that they should make kinect games because they come with every system. If the devs are excited to make them...use that as a barometer to see if it worth the risk driving up the cost to force people to use kinect.

I just think its funny that Xbox one could've been made equally or more powerful than ps4 without kinect bundled...with kinect 2.0 being a separate purchase at $100-150....and they would've been a much better position power wise and I assume profit wise as well.....would've had the same amount of kinect games too... Its crazy how much they dropped the ball with all that 360 success and momentum..... I was reallllky rooting for Xbox heading into this gen before ps4 was confirmed to be the more powerful system

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My thing is good party games are fine. Every game can't be 2k or second son or cod. My thing is the sky is the limit. Most devs didn't even look at the sky. But in all seriousness you'll get more use and play out of kinect than you will octulous rift or project morpheus. The voice commands to biometric scanning can ad much more to games if the developers decided to. Lazy devs killed it more than anything.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My thing is good party games are fine. Every game can't be 2k or second son or cod. My thing is the sky is the limit. Most devs didn't even look at the sky. But in all seriousness you'll get more use and play out of kinect than you will octulous rift or project morpheus. The voice commands to biometric scanning can ad much more to games if the developers decided to. Lazy devs killed it more than anything.
Breh, it's okay man you don't gotta stan so hard.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, it's okay man you don't gotta stan so hard.

its reality. Most xbox gamers use their kinect everyday . Most xbox tv watchers do as well. Kinect sits in a room and you can use it. You are going to use it more than something that you have to put on your head all that.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
its reality. Most xbox gamers use their kinect everyday . Most xbox tv watchers do as well. Kinect sits in a room and you can use it. You are going to use it more than something that you have to put on your head all that.
The use of that for voice commands for things unrelated to gaming would obviously be used more than something used for gaming. If everyone is always changing channels and navigating the system, obviously it will be in use more. Doesn't mean it will provide a greater GAMING experience.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The use of that for voice commands for things unrelated to gaming would obviously be used more than something used for gaming. If everyone is always changing channels and navigating the system, obviously it will be in use more. Doesn't mean it will provide a greater GAMING experience.

Most people do more than gaming I suppose. If either console only did gaming would you buy it? I probably wouldn't.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most people do more than gaming I suppose. If either console only did gaming would you buy it? I probably wouldn't.
I would buy it still because that's what it should be first: A gaming system. Even the Wii U has media features(TVii) so I don't see a gaming system only playing games.

Last edited:

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would buy it still because that's what should be first: A gaming system. Even the Wii U has media features(TVii) so I don't see a gaming system only playing games.

I don't have either. But I certainly watch tv and use some of the other apps more than gaming. But that may be because there is nothing to play.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
actually this goes back to "lazy" devs. not lazy. but just devs not using their imagination. and it probably has to do with the fact that devs are like hardcore World of Warcraft gamers. Flabby ad sick. or they have this idea of gaming, where it says i dont want to do anything but sit down and play a game. i dont want to be IMMERSED in the game with physical movements. that mentality is what is holding back the kinect as well as the playstation suped up wii stick yall had on the ps3.

i'll give you an example of how it SHOULD be used. and shame on the devs for not doing it. and yes you can have these same features for people who dont use the kinect. but it would be more difficult for them to do(pressing down multiple buttons, basically having to do street fight semi circle + some other button just to get a response from your gaming character."

i told yall this before. the kinect gives you more buttons to press. right now we have what? 2 analogs(2 additional presses of those as buttons), 4 buttons on top, 2 triggers on top, 2 on the bottom.

with all of those buttons we're still running out of space for certain games. here comes the kinect. you can move and speak.

what should have happened is this. the kinect scans you in under 2 conditions. flabby and sick(sitting down) or standing up. this means you can use the kinect in two ways, its up to you how much you want to move.

if you're going to sit down, you cant use your legs and movement, unless we're talking head leans from right to left, or up and down motions. thats it. you have to do any other movement with your controller.

say for instance you're playing titan fall. there's a device where you can throw a shield up. you should have to put your hand up just like the robot does. and if you move your arm around your robots arm moves around. you're in the FP view anyway. so it makes perfect sense. in addition. by using that feature. your robots movement is more accurate then using the controller.(it should be).

basically the actual robot controls should show up for you on the screen if you're going to stand up and play the game or even sitting down. because you will then need that robot dashboard to touch things, turn nobs, move things up and down, etc.

when done right. this will stop a lot of people from spamming buttons. because if you do the same move to often your arms will tire out. your body will physically TIRE.

its like being in one of those pacific rim robots in the movie. due to the physical and mental stress from being inside those bots. you will end up tired.

i would even goes as far to say. make a completely different lobby for those using the kinect and those using controllers. separate the spammers from the non spammers.

lets take it to sports. thats easy. again if i'm playing qb on madden. my passes should be a lot more accurate using kinect then they are using buttons. because it shouldnt have to choose a receiver at all. everything is like real life. i can throw the ball where ever i want. no help or assistance.(yes you need a legit kinect combine to train you for this. so you will get use to it). but after that. skies the limit. you can be the running back too if you want to. you can be a linemen, etc all in First person.

same thing with 2k or live. any of those my player modes, you can easily select First person view + kinect. it means your voice commands will be expanded. to telling teammates to do certain things. yelling at teammates, etc( which could effect your on the court team chemistry in a good or bad way. sure you would technically have to run in place. but you would get use to that after a few games as well. people that play basketball simulate crossing people over all the time without the actual ball. people simulate shooting the ball all the time without the ball. you play defense without the ball.

again. you make two separate lobbies online. Kinect+ users, and Kinectless users. sticks vs sticks. kinect vs kinect. now if you like you could then have a kinect vs user lobby for the hell of it.

but the main thing that has to happen is, where they usually run out of buttons and they make you press two buttons at once or make swinging moves with your analog sticks. thats a control you can use with your hands, feet, head movement etc on the kinect. and it should be more accurate.
how many times have we thrown a simple chest pass in 2k or live and the ball went to the wrong person? way to often. you using kinect to pass. means wherever you are passin that ball. thats where it goes. the moment people realize how much more accuracy you have playing with the kinect. the less controllers you will see and the more kinect users.

does this mean you would be sweating playing that kinect?YES kids in general but society as a whole is fat nowadays anyway. we sit down to much and veg out. so we have to force ourselves to move. this is one more way to do that. yes it goes against your normal thought process when sitting at home chilling playing games. but its new. at some point new will become normal. but it has to be implemented properly.

and shame on MS for not showing these devs these features in the games they make at their own studios.

for instance. the kinect sports bowling was pretty darn accurate on the 360. sure that was a family game. MS should've come out with a legit brunswick pro bowling game. with the exact same accuracy. sure someone else made that game. and it sucked. its easy as heck to make baseball games with it. all you have to do is hit the ball and pitch. those two things takes no movement forward or back. and those are the two main things people want to do in baseball.

the little soccer games kinect sports made..sucked to me. i should be able to move by running in place,and turn side ways, 360, etc. while kicking the ball. again this style of movement will be weird at first but with the right in game training. it will become 2nd nature. and gain once you prove to the stick only guys that you can do much more using the kinect and become more accurate with your movements etc. they will migrate over slowly but surely. and the speed of the migration will get faster and faster as new generations come into gaming via the kinect type of system. since thats the only way they will ever remember how to game.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
actually this goes back to "lazy" devs. not lazy. but just devs not using their imagination. and it probably has to do with the fact that devs are like hardcore World of Warcraft gamers. Flabby ad sick. or they have this idea of gaming, where it says i dont want to do anything but sit down and play a game. i dont want to be IMMERSED in the game with physical movements. that mentality is what is holding back the kinect as well as the playstation suped up wii stick yall had on the ps3.

i'll give you an example of how it SHOULD be used. and shame on the devs for not doing it. and yes you can have these same features for people who dont use the kinect. but it would be more difficult for them to do(pressing down multiple buttons, basically having to do street fight semi circle + some other button just to get a response from your gaming character."

i told yall this before. the kinect gives you more buttons to press. right now we have what? 2 analogs(2 additional presses of those as buttons), 4 buttons on top, 2 triggers on top, 2 on the bottom.

with all of those buttons we're still running out of space for certain games. here comes the kinect. you can move and speak.

what should have happened is this. the kinect scans you in under 2 conditions. flabby and sick(sitting down) or standing up. this means you can use the kinect in two ways, its up to you how much you want to move.

if you're going to sit down, you cant use your legs and movement, unless we're talking head leans from right to left, or up and down motions. thats it. you have to do any other movement with your controller.

say for instance you're playing titan fall. there's a device where you can throw a shield up. you should have to put your hand up just like the robot does. and if you move your arm around your robots arm moves around. you're in the FP view anyway. so it makes perfect sense. in addition. by using that feature. your robots movement is more accurate then using the controller.(it should be).

basically the actual robot controls should show up for you on the screen if you're going to stand up and play the game or even sitting down. because you will then need that robot dashboard to touch things, turn nobs, move things up and down, etc.

when done right. this will stop a lot of people from spamming buttons. because if you do the same move to often your arms will tire out. your body will physically TIRE.

its like being in one of those pacific rim robots in the movie. due to the physical and mental stress from being inside those bots. you will end up tired.

i would even goes as far to say. make a completely different lobby for those using the kinect and those using controllers. separate the spammers from the non spammers.

lets take it to sports. thats easy. again if i'm playing qb on madden. my passes should be a lot more accurate using kinect then they are using buttons. because it shouldnt have to choose a receiver at all. everything is like real life. i can throw the ball where ever i want. no help or assistance.(yes you need a legit kinect combine to train you for this. so you will get use to it). but after that. skies the limit. you can be the running back too if you want to. you can be a linemen, etc all in First person.

same thing with 2k or live. any of those my player modes, you can easily select First person view + kinect. it means your voice commands will be expanded. to telling teammates to do certain things. yelling at teammates, etc( which could effect your on the court team chemistry in a good or bad way. sure you would technically have to run in place. but you would get use to that after a few games as well. people that play basketball simulate crossing people over all the time without the actual ball. people simulate shooting the ball all the time without the ball. you play defense without the ball.

again. you make two separate lobbies online. Kinect+ users, and Kinectless users. sticks vs sticks. kinect vs kinect. now if you like you could then have a kinect vs user lobby for the hell of it.

but the main thing that has to happen is, where they usually run out of buttons and they make you press two buttons at once or make swinging moves with your analog sticks. thats a control you can use with your hands, feet, head movement etc on the kinect. and it should be more accurate.
how many times have we thrown a simple chest pass in 2k or live and the ball went to the wrong person? way to often. you using kinect to pass. means wherever you are passin that ball. thats where it goes. the moment people realize how much more accuracy you have playing with the kinect. the less controllers you will see and the more kinect users.

does this mean you would be sweating playing that kinect?YES kids in general but society as a whole is fat nowadays anyway. we sit down to much and veg out. so we have to force ourselves to move. this is one more way to do that. yes it goes against your normal thought process when sitting at home chilling playing games. but its new. at some point new will become normal. but it has to be implemented properly.

and shame on MS for not showing these devs these features in the games they make at their own studios.

for instance. the kinect sports bowling was pretty darn accurate on the 360. sure that was a family game. MS should've come out with a legit brunswick pro bowling game. with the exact same accuracy. sure someone else made that game. and it sucked. its easy as heck to make baseball games with it. all you have to do is hit the ball and pitch. those two things takes no movement forward or back. and those are the two main things people want to do in baseball.

the little soccer games kinect sports made..sucked to me. i should be able to move by running in place,and turn side ways, 360, etc. while kicking the ball. again this style of movement will be weird at first but with the right in game training. it will become 2nd nature. and gain once you prove to the stick only guys that you can do much more using the kinect and become more accurate with your movements etc. they will migrate over slowly but surely. and the speed of the migration will get faster and faster as new generations come into gaming via the kinect type of system. since thats the only way they will ever remember how to game.
:dwillhuh:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I couldn't anticipate the fact that they weren't going to make games for the kinect. after one year the thing will have a total of one real game. It was built to fail. But what if... they are unbundling it just because they want to drive up demand. Otherwise its a waste. The tech is amazing and the one game they have is actually pretty fun. But its still just one game.
but I thought the reason they were making it mandatory was to FORCE companies to have to use it :mjlol:

no there aren't many Kinect only games.. but it's still incorporated in most games... the issue is nobody truly cares about it

they should have made it it's on system... on some wii competition shyt while leaving the xb1 for the gamers