Kindle Paperwhite

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
it arrived tomorrow. Need that Libby app too.

I’ll probably read much more using this

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Love my Kindle, but I wish it had a color option for comics. I hate reading them on my phone
Rumor is that a color Kindle is coming next year. Maybe the next Oasis will include it. I expect it to be very expensive too so don't be surprised if it has a $300 price tag

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got it. Really makes the reading experience better. Can’t lie.
Absolutely, I've been on the Kindle train since the Kindle Keyboard dropped. I typically read mine in bed or when I'm laying on the sofa.
Be sure to hop on that Kindle Unlimited trial that they got going on. I think it's two or three months.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Rumor is that a color Kindle is coming next year. Maybe the next Oasis will include it. I expect it to be very expensive too so don't be surprised if it has a $300 price tag
The Oasis is done. They have the Scribe as the high end Kindle, the Paperwhite in the middle and the basic for the lower end. From a functional standpoint the Paperwhite is as good as the Oasis minus not having page turn buttons.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Oasis is done. They have the Scribe as the high end Kindle, the Paperwhite in the middle and the basic for the lower end. From a functional standpoint the Paperwhite is as good as the Oasis minus not having page turn buttons.
The Scribe seems like it's for an audience like the DX was way back in the day. I have no doubt we'll see a Scribe Color and I can see that gaining a wider audience.

I think it would be a big miss if they don't release a 7" (maybe 7.5" or 8" since the PW is now 6.8") device that can take notes on the page, has turn buttons, and is in color to rival the Kobo Libra Colour. The Oasis form factor has been so much of a favorite that other companies have copied.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The Scribe seems like it's for an audience like the DX was way back in the day. I have no doubt we'll see a Scribe Color and I can see that gaining a wider audience.

I think it would be a big miss if they don't release a 7" (maybe 7.5" or 8" since the PW is now 6.8") device that can take notes on the page, has turn buttons, and is in color to rival the Kobo Libra Colour. The Oasis form factor has been so much of a favorite that other companies have copied.
The newest Paperwhite is better than the Oasis to me. The Oasis was actually my first Kindle and the battery life was terrible. I read a lot like at least an hour and a half a day if not more and I had to charge the Oasis twice a week. I charge the Paperwhite once every 2 weeks.

I just have a hard time seeing them having 4 different Kindle models going now. The 6.8 to 7 inch screen is almost a wash. I imagine the Paperwhite is much cheaper to produce than the Oasis. They likely sell more Paperwhites too. Maybe the next Paperwhite uses a pen and has a color screen.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The newest Paperwhite is better than the Oasis to me. The Oasis was actually my first Kindle and the battery life was terrible. I read a lot like at least an hour and a half a day if not more and I had to charge the Oasis twice a week. I charge the Paperwhite once every 2 weeks.

I just have a hard time seeing them having 4 different Kindle models going now. The 6.8 to 7 inch screen is almost a wash. I imagine the Paperwhite is much cheaper to produce than the Oasis. They likely sell more Paperwhites too. Maybe the next Paperwhite uses a pen and has a color screen.
Well the Oasis was 10th gen compared to the recent Kindles which are 11th gen with a faster CPU.
The next premium Kindle may not be a Oasis but I'm guessing it's going have a similar name to the Voyage and Oasis (Odyssey?), have a color screen, and buttons. I'm going to water that the Basic and Paperwhite will be permanent and the Scribe will be phased out. Hell maybe it'll replace the Paperwhite in the move to color.
All we can do is guess, really.