Kindle Paperwhite

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
I just got one works pretty well with manga/comics. Should of got the 32 GB in hindsight cause it wasn't that much more than the 8gb on amazon.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I just got one works pretty well with manga/comics. Should of got the 32 GB in hindsight cause it wasn't that much more than the 8gb on amazon.

u can just download the ones ur gonna read soon then delete the ones ur finished with in a rotation to save space is what I did

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Woot has refurb units available for $45-60.
Check Facebook Marketplace if you're aren't getting the latest models. I got a 32GB 2018 Paperwhite with a case for $40. I got a white Kindle Keyboard for $10 with $16 shipping. I got a Kindle Voyage with the Amazon origami case for $60.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
May look at copping a new one…or an Oasis.

Perhaps I’m getting flabby but the night reading is a bit straining for me now.

I have a 7th gen which I don’t believe has the adaptive lighting and shyt.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
This might not be the best forum to put this thread in due to its use, but it is a piece of technology so I guess it fits.

I'm a huge reader and was interested in finding a solution for reading at night. I tried to use my ipad but the screen really bothered my eyes pretty quick. Also, when I tried to use it with any light around me the glare made it difficult to read.
For father's day I was given this Kindle Paperwhite and I thought it was dope enough to make a thread about in case anyone was interested in a great reader.
The screen is something you really have to see to appreciate. It looks like actual ink on paper and even in direct sunlight it has absolutely zero glare.
One thing I didn't know about Amazon until recently is that a lot of times, if you buy a physical book sold and shipped from Amazon, the kindle version will be available to you at a discounted price. I recently paid $10 for a paperback copy of The Warrior of Light and got the kindle version for $2. Its a great option for people that want to read on the go, but also like to collect books.
Just thought I would share my thoughts on this since I didn't see anyone really talking about it, and I was skeptical about reading a book digitally at first.
About to cop one for prime day.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I still have and use my Paperwhite SE but my daily driver is my Onyx Boox Go Color 7. Easier to side load books on and I use the Kindle app for my Kindle books. Also has a color screen full Google Play Store compatibility and page turn buttons.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have bought the newest basic Kindle to upgrade from my Paperwhite 3 late last year.
I'll upgrade to the next the Paperwhite next year if it's in color like the rumors have been stating.