🌕 Killers Of The Flower Moon’ 🌕-- Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro (Discussion Thread)

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Just securing a bag. Knowing this story, it would never make its budget back even if it was a fantastic film. Just not that type of genre for it.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm gonna be the bad guy here and say it....seems like Scorsese no longer knows how to budget a movie.

Unless Leo and Deniro fight Thanos in the final act of this movie there's no reason this shyt should even be in the ballpark of $200 million.

Fred.
Folks don't want to hear it but this has been obvious since The Wolf Of Wall Street which went over budget and that one "only" cost $100 million. There was nothing justified about The Irishman costing nearly $150-200 million either.

Big part of the budget situation is simply that Scorsese doesn't do any critical editing before shooting (cutting down the screenplay). That's why he ends up shooting enough footage to build 4 hour long first cuts of his films. And shooting that much footage simply costs cash.

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
Marty the goat..

I'm in...fukk all the logistics...

Sounds like fire...

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
I'm gonna be the bad guy here and say it....seems like Scorsese no longer knows how to budget a movie.

Unless Leo and Deniro fight Thanos in the final act of this movie there's no reason this shyt should even be in the ballpark of $200 million.

Fred.
I felt the same way when I first saw the budgets for Shutter Island and Wolf of Wall Street.

Paramount must have some huge pockets to be dealing out money like that.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I used to like when directors had a group of people they like working with. Like Quentin Tarantino and Samuel l Jackson or Scorsese these guys.
But they more they do it, there lazy the performances start to feel. Like with Adam Sandler and all the dude he always works with. There no longer any hunger to the actors or directors involved. They just clocking in for another day of monotonous work like a 9 to 5.
:russell:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I used to like when directors had a group of people they like working with. Like Quentin Tarantino and Samuel l Jackson or Scorsese these guys.
But they more they do it, there lazy the performances start to feel. Like with Adam Sandler and all the dude he always works with. There no longer any hunger to the actors or directors involved. They just clocking in for another day of monotonous work like a 9 to 5.
:russell:

Unless you're Delroy Lindo still turning out incredible performances in 30 years of working with Spike.

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jesse Plemons got the Tom White lead FBI role.

giphy.gif