🌕 Killers Of The Flower Moon’ 🌕-- Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro (Discussion Thread)

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It's in the theaters part

people who watch a lot of Netflix/TV at a home are doing 3 other things at once, I even catch myself with my phone sometimes, most millennials have at least 2 screens at any given time, and I think Gen Z have like 5 screen

so, 5 hours doesn't feel like 5. but, being in the a theater and present is harder. When a movie really engages you, the time flies by. Oppenheimer, aside from the last 40, I didn't notice the time. Beau Is Afraid dragged for like 45 minutes, still really liked it, but I was VERY aware of the running time by the time I left the theater. Pacing is a delicate thing.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
It's in the theaters part

people who watch a lot of Netflix/TV at a home are doing 3 other things at once, I even catch myself with my phone sometimes, most millennials have at least 2 screens at any given time, and I think Gen Z have like 5 screen

so, 5 hours doesn't feel like 5. but, being in the a theater and present is harder. When a movie really engages you, the time flies by. Oppenheimer, aside from the last 40, I didn't notice the time. Beau Is Afraid dragged for like 45 minutes, still really liked it, but I was VERY aware of the running time by the time I left the theater. Pacing is a delicate thing.

Scorsese actually said Beau is Afraid (and Midsommar) influenced him on this film.

Ari has been annointed :wow:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
OT but forgot about “oppenheimer”

they need to go ahead and make that availed to rent/buy…shyt been in the theaters for almost 3 months now so they should be dropping it soon

*edit*

11/21

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Mfs will sit and watch 5 hours of the most generic garbage imaginable on Netflix but 3 hours 20 minutes from our greatest living filmmaker is too much? :dead:
Have them stay home tbh. I've heard stories and witnessed myself people recording or being on their phones in the theatre. The less of them, the better :camby:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Have them stay home tbh. I've heard stories and witnessed myself people recording or being on their phones in the theatre. The less of them, the better :camby:

I seen this in the theatre a couple of months ago...some weirdo just filming the screen with his phone :dwillhuh:

People went feral during Covid.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA