Albums Killer Mike - "Michael" (Discussion Thread)

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
That Trigger Warning show aside, it’s best to just stick with Killer Mike’s music and keep it moving. He’ll drop some gems here and there in interviews, but a lot of other times if you close your eyes you’d think you were hearing a 62 year old white woman’s talking points.
And he talks like he is the smartest one in the room when in reality he is just a smart dumb nikka. Just respect the raps and keep it going…:russ:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
And he talks like he is the smartest one in the room when in reality he is just a smart dumb nikka. Just respect the raps and keep it going…:russ:

That Trigger Warning show aside, it’s best to just stick with Killer Mike’s music and keep it moving. He’ll drop some gems here and there in interviews, but a lot of other times if you close your eyes you’d think you were hearing a 62 year old white woman’s talking points.
regarding what exactly :patrice:

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
I went ahead to read the Pitchfork review just to see if there was any merit to Killer Mike’s comments, and outside of the actual score (think it’s much better than 6.5/10, more like 8.5/10), I didn’t see anything wrong with the review. We’ve all seen Killer Mike contradict himself when it comes to both words and actions.

I like the album a lot.

...didnt see anything wrong with the review except the score. I expected a worse review based on Mike's twwet

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
:salute:@OfTheCross appreciate you putting me on. I wasn’t going to listen to this. Like someone said above me, Mike casually dropped what could end up being a top release of the year. Already ran this back x2.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
The real MVP on this album is the live bassist. You can hear the producers made the skeletal beats and but the bass really took it to the next level on most of the songs and you can tell it's the same guy.
100%.

Pitchfork is absolutely awful.
They really are. I enjoy their yearend lists because I usually peep something I overlooked but otherwise they’ve become too insufferable for my tastes. Used to read them religiously.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Shed Tears is SOTY for me and honestly one of my favorite songs in a long time. Had it on repeat for the last few hours of work. Ol girl singing be gettin me teary eyed like I done sit through a powerful ass church sermon.

IDGAF about the bullshyt. Some people straight ignoring the music and using this as a platform to attack him for shyt he’s said that they don’t agree with. Most folks favorite rappers do and say a lot more fukk shyt on a weekly basis than Mike has in his career. Oh wow a southern nikka likes guns and has a few conservative views. IDGAF nikka that’s called reality. Get off the internet.