Kill fredo yes or no?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fredo put the entire family at risk in order to potentially gain something. Not just "something for me" but...Fredo likely also thought getting rid of Michael would lead to him becoming the head of the family. Michael had to do it. Imagine Michael's thought process....he had to be thinking Fredo might one day endanger his son, the heir of the family.

BTW this reminds me of when Michael was antagonizing Tom towards the end of Godfather II. Michael had to re-assert his dominance over the family. Tom had been running things while Michael was away...now he had to make everyone realize he was back and the HNIC. What a shame that they couldn't get the original Godfather III idea filmed, which involved Michael and Tom battling for control of the family.
Was the actor playing Tom demanding too much money?

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
If he just came at Mike I'd say exile the fool...

Its one thing to come at me and another to put my wife and kids in the line of fire to...

Mikes wife and kids were in the house and could of easily got hit by strays...That's unforgivable...

Fredo got to die for that and I'd do it myself...

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he just came at Mike I'd say exile the fool...

Its one thing to come at me and another to put my wife and kids in the line of fire to...

Mikes wife and kids were in the house and could of easily got hit by strays...That's unforgivable...

Fredo got to die for that and I'd do it myself...

Michael should of had the balls to do it himself. Thats personal

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I think Pacino was getting like 3x more than Duval(Tom) and that didn't sit right with him..

For people who also didn't know..Tom was fukking Sonny's widow...and Mike knew about...

Old Clemenza wasn't in PT 2 because his wife wanted to write his dialogue, and Coppola gave him the :camby: :mjlol:

Young Clemenza was funny to me..

"Ah my friend forgot the key...but he left me a rug:troll:

Vito! Hum on in!! Vito come mon in...hum on in vito! :troll: "

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Pacino was getting like 3x more than Duval(Tom) and that didn't sit right with him..

For people who also didn't know..Tom was fukking Sonny's widow...and Mike knew about...

Old Clemenza wasn't in PT 2 because his wife wanted to write his dialogue, and Coppola gave him the :camby: :mjlol:

Young Clemenza was funny to me..

"Ah my friend forgot the key...but he left me a rug:troll:

Vito! Hum on in!! Vito come mon in...hum on in vito! :troll: "

When you start feeling yourself way too much

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Yea. He explained it pretty well IMO. He said he was fine with Pacino making more since he's the star...but he wasn't gonna tolerate being paid 3-4 times less than Pacino so he refused.

The plot was that they'd be warring while Michael's son rose up the ranks in politics or something.

• Dap
Reactions: L68

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea. He explained it pretty well IMO. He said he was fine with Pacino making more since he's the star...but he wasn't gonna tolerate being paid 3-4 times less than Pacino so he refused.

The plot was that they'd be warring while Michael's son rose up the ranks in politics or something.
Definitely would of been better then that incest bullcrap

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Mike didn’t want to do it, he had to which is why he had Neri do it and made it quick and painless. You see after it happens he sits in that chair regretting what he just ordered. In part 3 he confesses to the pope what he had done, crying the whole time.

He couldn’t afford to look weak to his his people. Rocco, Neri and anyone who would try something similar down the line had to know how far he was willing to go to stay in power. His enemies had to know if he could kill his own brother, what could he do to them.

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
He was a liability....he had to go fishing.

He almost got Michael and his kids murked.

I think in the 3rd one he admits that he regrets it.