Kill fredo yes or no?

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Who opened the drapes in Mikes room? And wat did he think was going to happen? And why did he get that midnight call?

Fredo a lot shadier than some people want him to be.

Fredo says in that phone call that whoever was on the other end "lied to me" and to never call him again. That's what led me to think that Fredo didn't know it was going to be a hit. But I guess the question is this: what the fukk did Fredo THINK was going to happen, for crying out loud? You got me thinking hard, breh...

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Would I kill Fredo?
giphy.gif

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
No, but I need to watch the films again (10 years) before that's a hard 'no'.

The scene of the two of them in the den/sunroom, or wherever with the recliner; heartbreaking.

Michael's so damn smug at that point.

I guess you mahfukkas thought T'Chaka was right to kill N'Jobu too huh?!

That thing about absolute power. .

Last edited:

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Decisions like that are why Michael was a better don than Vito tbh business wise and that's why he died alone and unloved:mjcry:

Fredo would of been easily flipped or came back with one of the family enemies down the line, he was bitter as hell. The scene where they pan out and you hear the gunshot will always get me

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Fredo was jealous about being passed over.

His stupid actions almost caused Mike's death. I can see why Michael did it...

You could exile Fredo somewhere but who is to say he doesn't grow even more bitter and try get revenge.

That scene in Havana where he lets slip he knows Johnny Ola was well done.

Fredo feels so comfortable and in control when he is in charge of the debauchery, life of the party.

Dude got p*ssy,liquor, and is on some

"Yea Johnny Ola told me bout this spot:mjlit:".

Outside of knowing where the hoes, and fukkery was at..Fredo was stupid.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Never knew fredo was the one that did the blinds

:ohhh:

Breh it took me years to connect that dot, and when I revealed it here and when I tell people in RL who I know have loved this movie for longer than I've been alive they're all :ohhh::mindblown:

Fredo was the only one who could've done that shyt. @Daisy Fitzroy does point out that the night-call leads us to believe Fredo truly didn't know it was going to be a hit, but that might've been him already in denial/trying to save his ass. The other theory could be that there was another traitor in the camp. Which WOULD make sense because SOMEBODY killed those two assassins, and I'm not convinced at all that Fredo could've/would've done that based on how he reacted when Vito got popped.

I say it's Fredo who opened them as he's the only one who could legit walk around the house and everybody would accept it. The movie also never tells us what Fredo did exactly to betray Mike. The OG script has these lines:

MICHAEL I want you to reach Fredo. I know he's scared, but have one of our people reach him. Assure him that there will be no reprisals. Tell him that I know Roth misled him.

HAGEN My information is that Fredo thought it was a kidnapping. Roth assured him nothing would happen to you.

Which means Fredo gave them access to Mike's whereabouts, which could definitely imply that he opened the drapes.

The reason we don't think about it is because Michael internalizes everything and the movie, which is GOAT, doesn't really bother telling us everything.

He's only open to Tom and even there we can see he's not giving him everything he's thinking about:

TOMIf we catch these guys do you think we'll be able to find out who's backing them?
MICHAELThat's not the catch -- unless I'm very wrong, they're dead already. They're killed by somebody close to us -- inside. Very, very scared they botched it.
TOMWhat about your people ROCCO and NERI? You don't think that they had something to do with this.
MICHAELYou see -- all our people are business men, their loyalty is based on that. Now, one thing that I learned from Pop was to try to think as people around you think. Now on that basis, anything's possible.

Everyone who makes it a point to externalize and tell Michael how they really feel gets GOT in some way.

Kay tells him what she did and how she feels and gets cut off
Fredo tells him, in the end, how he feels and gets offed (I truly don't think he was 100% set on killing him, but this conversation led him to believe Fredo was ALWAYS going to resent Mike and be prone to outside influence)
Hyman Roth tells him, in the end, how feels and gets offed
Tom Hagen keeps it real with Mike and gets fired
Connie keeps it real with Mike and gets cut off

Who does Mike keep close to him?

Al Neri who's only line in the movie, I think, is "it's difficult, not impossible" when they talk about killing Hyman.

That's how alone Mike is at the end. He's not just physically by himself because everybody is either scared shytless of him or he cast them out.
Nobody knows how he's thinking.

Cut to the flashback where he's the only one who doesn't go greet his dad at the door because Mike just externalized and told everybody how he feels and his older brother slapped him for it and Tom treated him like a tool ("we have plans for you Mikey").

The only one who congratulates him....Fredo :mjcry:

GOATshyt.

Last edited:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fredo was a lot more competent in the book.

He was like Sonny until Vito got popped.

Nah he was nothing like Sonny. Sonny was a player and wild ass cat with a short temper. He knew the mob shyt like the back of his hand but he had a short fuse, which is how they set him up. Fredo was not like that at all. He thought of himself as a ladies man but really he was a lame. He didnt have the steet sensibilities to make it as a mobster, thats why he fell apart when they shot Vito. He let everyone else take charge of the situation because he knew he couldn't do it. He wasnt mad about being passed over, he knew Michael was a better fit.