Going from 2d to 3d 4:3 to widescreen standard definition to hd

1080p to 4K just isn’t the same

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
This. Like a year ago my daughter was on PS Now and came across Ratatouille for PS3. She played for like 10 minutes, said it looked horrible, and turned off the whole console :mjlol:
Right. Kids may not need cutting edge, state of the art graphics, but that art style better be smooth and the graphics better at least be of the modern era. My daughter will call out shyt resolutions too if it's looking like shyt on the big screen. That'll only fly on handheld.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah starting around the PS3 era or so graphics got good enough that differences between gens just aren't as noticeable.

The difference between Genesis and Dreamcast, or PS1 and PS2, is way more noticeable than the difference between PS4 and PS5. At this point graphics are good enough that people just aren't as concerned anymore as long as there aren't framerate issues.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I’ll check it out later this week
That joint is fire, it would be dope as hell with 4 players but even with 3 it would be dope :wow:

It’s kinda like Streets Of Rage with guns, explosives and melee weapons you carry from the beginning to end of the level. 8 total guns, 8 total melee weapons, and 3 different kinds of explosives.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: B86

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
shyt, it's better we grew up with SNES/Genesis and shyt. Those young kids can't appreciate older games which were arguably better. That's why these dudes gotta remake classic games nowadays.
SNES and Genesis games were dope but were way harder to beat. And most NES games were all but impossible to beat.

One thing these kids/young adults don’t know anything about is making it to the last level, losing all your lives and having to do the whole game all over again :sadcam:

Imagine if these modern games were like that. You playing GOW, Red Dead etc and got a limited number of lives and gotta start the whole game from scratch (including any upgrades) when they run out :mjcry:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Yeah starting around the PS3 era or so graphics got good enough that differences between gens just aren't as noticeable.

The difference between Genesis and Dreamcast, or PS1 and PS2, is way more noticeable than the difference between PS4 and PS5. At this point graphics are good enough that people just aren't as concerned anymore as long as there aren't framerate issues.
Honestly breh it depends on the game

Not a huge difference between GTA V on PS3 and PS4 but it was a HUGE difference between NBA 2K for PS3 and PS4

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

that's why I mention that maybe these kids take the graphics for granted. we saw so many drastic changes in graphics to get where we are now. now they probably just assume that some games are gonna have super realistic graphics

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
My brother in law got a pretty nice pc set up, a Xbox one and ps5...and he tells me all my nephews play is roblox, fort ite, and I think astro...or whatever that ps5 vr one is

shyt for xmas the oldest just wanted robux and whatever the fortnite money is

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
that's why I mention that maybe these kids take the graphics for granted. we saw so many drastic changes in graphics to get where we are now. now they probably just assume that some games are gonna have super realistic graphics
No, not super realistic graphics, just not grainy & pixelated, you computa fool.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember showing the lil ones in my family Mega Drive, SNES and PS1 games, the disgust on their faces
full