KG (in response to Ant Man)- "If im being honest, I don't think anyone in this generation could've played 20 years ago"

Daps
Let me ask you this

Curry average around 17 or something in his first year, with no hand check, freedom of movement is allowed, and other rules to help the offense was in play....
This is how misinformed you are:

Actual handchecking was outlawed by 1980, and defenders prior to that season didn't have much framework on how to defend because the game was really in its infancy, in a professional capacity. The defenders and defensive schemes that Steph has come up against since his rookie year are light years ahead, in every single possible way imaginable.

He's the most guarded off-ball player in history, he's the most grabbed, pulled and held off-ball player in history, purely because teams are too scared of him getting a clear look at the basket the moment he enters the halfcourt. He's absolutely no beneficiary of freedom of movement, and truthfully nobody is or was, not by any notable margin in relation to players that have existed in the modern era. Ever since star calls became a thing, it doesn't matter the era, because they've all benefitted by favourable officiating more than your typical role player.

You couldn't breathe on MJ once he became a superstar.
Using Logic, how many points do you think Curry average his ROOKIE YEAR if he played in 1993 or 1994 ...keep in mind of the rules, hand checking, pressing up on you, bodying you up, the freedom of movement is not allowed, no high volume shooting, do you think he average MORE than Kobe?
Keep in mind Kobe ONLY average 8 in his rookie year in 1996 and Had to get stronger.
Well, given that the 1993 season (96.8 possession average) was considerably more fast-paced compared to 2009 (92.7 possession average), where he'd be up against weaker defenders and less advanced defensive schemes, and dependent on what team he was drafted to, he'd eclipse his rookie average.

What the hell does Kobe averaging 8 ppg in 1996 have to do with anything? How is it even remotely relavant?

Steph was 21 when he entered the league; Kobe was 18. Steph had already played three years of college ball; Kobe was the first guard ever to be drafted straight out of high school.

Kobe's lack of minutes and limited role were partly due to his age/inexperience, and partly because Van Exel and Eddie Jones were already the established starting guards on the Lakers. Del Harris [foolishly] didn't think he was ready, despite the fact he showed his prowess during the Summer League, and was by far the most dominant player, despite still being a teenager.

He didn't have to get stronger to have a greater role than he did. I don't know where you're getting that nonsense from. He had already proven he was more than capable enough to handle the physicality on both ends of the floor. He was purely a victim of circumstance during his rookie season. This is the same cat who when he was 15/16, used to scrimmage against NBA talent and dominate them. He was more than ready, it's just the league was different back then and were reluctant to give teenagers the benefit of the doubt; there was a lot of pushback to players coming straight out of HS and into the league.
Also keep in mind when they talk about scorers such as T Mac, Jordan, and other players in the 90s on saying how many points would they average in THIS current day.
What the hell are you even talking about? Who are they? And how are their opinions reflective of reality?
Many if not all say folks would average MORE POINTS, you never hear anyone say LESS. Why??

Why they don't say this??
Why would cats who played in that era and fans alike say they'd average less today? They would only be undermining their own abilities, and for the fans of that era, their own cognitive bias through rosy retrospection means they're hardly going to downplay their childhood heroes. Or do you seem to think that their opinions are entirely objective and not clouded by any sort of bias?

Daps
Those grown men over there are NOT better than the Grown men that was in the NBA in the 90s, see the USA team of 92 and 96, Grown Men. So comparing Luke to grown men over there in 2017 to the Grown Men in the NBA in the 90s is not helping your point.
It seems you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the point.

Whatever nonsensical belief you have over the difference of grown men is irrelevant. The point is, Luka as a teenager, was competing at a professional level, and he was competing against international talent, and he was dominating them. In the EuroBasket he was playing against NBA players like Marc and Pau Gasol, Porzingis, Vucevic, Bogdanovic (you know the same cat who just dominated this year's Olympics), Valancinus etc.

He was battle-tested more than 99.99999999999999999% of players that come into the league.
So you are saying or implying that a 17 year old Luka would kill in the 90s since he killed some grown men over there where he was at...Using your words.
I'm telling you a rookie Luka (when he was 19) would dominate the 90s, largely because he had professional experience as a teenager before he even came into the league. And he'd only get better and better as the years went on.
But a 18 year old KOBE only averaged 8 points in the 96 (who was MORE talented and Better than this 17 year old Luka?? But 17 year old Luke would kill in the 90s?

Stfu and go wash your face you nutty nikka. Get out your feelings and use some fukking logic, the left side of your brain works, use the motherfukker.

Playing in my face with that stupid ass logic. nikka get and understand some fukking logic.

Save your reply breh. You lost your fukking mind nikka.
I've already debunked your stupid ass reference of Kobe coming straight out of HS, whereas 19-year-old Luka had already been playing professionally for years before entering the league. Why do you keep using Kobe as the scale here, as if both Luka and Steph had the same level of experience coming into the league? Why not use examples of players who played professionally overseas or players who played three years of college?

Furthermore, what the fukk do their rookie years have to do with anything? Why do you keep trying to emphasize that point? Why not compare Luka and Steph as they've existed to the prime versions of players in the 90s?

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Chi
This shyt is always hyperbole...players from this era would change their styles to fit the mold 20 years ago, and vice versa.

Example, if Magic played in this era, he'd have developed a much better jumpshot.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
It seems you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the point.

Whatever nonsensical belief you have over the difference of grown men is irrelevant. The point is, Luka as a teenager, was competing at a professional level, and he was competing against international talent, and he was dominating them. In the EuroBasket he was playing against NBA players like Marc and Pau Gasol, Porzingis, Vucevic, Bogdanovic (you know the same cat who just dominated this year's Olympics), Valancinus etc.

He was battle-tested more than 99.99999999999999999% of players that come into the league.

I'm telling you a rookie Luka (when he was 19) would dominate the 90s, largely because he had professional experience as a teenager before he even came into the league. And he'd only get better and better as the years went on.

I've already debunked your stupid ass reference of Kobe coming straight out of HS, whereas 19-year-old Luka had already been playing professionally for years before entering the league. Why do you keep using Kobe as the scale here, as if both Luka and Steph had the same level of experience coming into the league? Why not use examples of players who played professionally overseas or players who played three years of college?

Furthermore, what the fukk do their rookie years have to do with anything? Why do you keep trying to emphasize that point? Why not compare Luka and Steph as they've existed to the prime versions of players in the 90s?

You big dummy Kobe was better at 18 than Luka at 17, 18 or 19

And Kobe didn't dominate shyt, he average 8 points dummy

Daps
You big dummy Kobe was better at 18 than Luka at 17, 18 or 19

And Kobe didn't dominate shyt, he average 8 points dummy
You still stuck on stupid, ain't you?

I've just illustrated to you that Kobe was a victim of circumstance as to why he wasn't given a greater role during his rookie season. It had nothing to do with his actual ability. If he was drafted to a lottery team, and just thrown in at the deep end from day one, he would've turned into a star much sooner than he did. Him averaging 8 points during his rookie season didn't mean he was only capable of averaging 8 points. What kind of dumb shyt are you on to believe that?

Do you need basic ass numbers to dictate to you how good a player is? Can you not use your brain? Can you not use your eyes? Can you not use logic?

He averaged 25 during the Summer League when he was 18; he killed Michael Cooper during a private workout for the Lakers when he was 18, leaving Jerry West in awe, stating it's the best workout he's ever seen and that he was the better than anyone they had on the team.

Furthermore, what relevance is your opinion of Kobe being better than Luka at the same age? What relevance is Kobe's situation coming out of HS, have to do with Luka already playing professionally for a number of years before being drafted?

You didn't even watch Luka back then, so how could you possibly know how good he was?
I don't give a shyt about everyone laughing lol..don't mean shyt to me.
nikka you sound like you need approval from folks.
nikka grow up
I'm pointing out to your dumbass that you're the one who needs use some sense. You keep arguing with everyone else up in here about not using logic, as if everyone else is the problem and not you.

Do you think that just maybe, you're not as informed and objective on this matter as you think you are?

:hubie:

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
You still stuck on stupid, ain't you?

I've just illustrated to you that Kobe was a victim of circumstance as to why he wasn't given a greater role during his rookie season. It had nothing to do with his actual ability. If he was drafted to a lottery team, and just thrown in at the deep end from day one, he would've turned into a star much sooner than he did. Him averaging 8 points during his rookie season didn't mean he was only capable of averaging 8 points. What kind of dumb shyt are you on to believe that?

Do you need basic ass numbers to dictate to you how good a player is? Can you not use your brain? Can you not use your eyes? Can you not use logic?

He averaged 25 during the Summer League when he was 18; he killed Michael Cooper during a private workout for the Lakers when he was 18, leaving Jerry West in awe, stating it's the best workout he's ever seen and that he was the better than anyone they had on the team.

Furthermore, what relevance is your opinion of Kobe being better than Luka at the same age? What relevance is Kobe's situation coming out of HS, have to do with Luka already playing professionally for a number of years before being drafted?

You didn't even watch Luka back then, so how could you possibly know how good he was?

I'm pointing out to your dumbass that you're the one who needs use some sense. You keep arguing with everyone else up in here about not using logic, as if everyone else is the problem and not you.

Do you think that just maybe, you're not as informed and objective on this matter as you think you are?

:hubie:

Breh shut up.
You talking about summer league now. Shut up breh. I said Kobe was a killer on the AAU circuit. I said that he was a killer. I said he was the big dog coming outta HS.
I know Kobe was great.
nikka said Micheal Cooper lol. Breh who was Micheal Cooper shutting down in 1996?? Was he even in the fukking league??
Shut up you big dummy

I said he was only averaging 8 points and now you wanna move to a different angle talking about if he was on a sorry team he would do x y and z. Shut up breh.

Luke not doing shyt at the age of 17 or 18 or 19 in the 90s
Don't be a dummy all month

Daps
Breh shut up.
You talking about summer league now. Shut up breh. I said Kobe was a killer on the AAU circuit. I said that he was a killer. I said he was the big dog coming outta HS.
I know Kobe was great.
nikka said Micheal Cooper lol. Breh who was Micheal Cooper shutting down in 1996?? Was he even in the fukking league??
Shut up you big dummy

I said he was only averaging 8 points and now you wanna move to a different angle talking about if he was on a sorry team he would do x y and z. Shut up breh.

Luke not doing shyt at the age of 17 or 18 or 19 in the 90s
Don't be a dummy all month
You really are embarrassing yourself now.

You can't even formulate a proper counterargument after I debunked your whole shyt. You're just stuttering your way through whatever the fukk it is you're saying in this post.

I want you to tell me why the fukk you think Kobe averaging 8 ppg straight out of HS, during a period where HS players weren't trusted to have main roles during their rookie seasons, has anything to do with Steph (who played three years at college) and Luka (who played professionally since he was 16)? Why can't you reference players who had similar experience to Steph and Luka to layer whatever nonsensical point you're trying to make?

Why is it you seem to think that Kobe averaging 8 ppg in his rookie year meant he was only capable of scoring 8 ppg? Do you not understand context? Do you not understand he was not allowed to have a bigger role? Do you not understand he was the first ever guard to ever be drafted from high school? Do you not understand how there were reservations around how young and inexperienced he was and it reflected in his playing time and role? Do you not understand he had Van Exel and Eddie Jones ahead of him on the depth chart and he had to bide his time before getting a starting role? Do you not understand how that may have not given him the opportunities and minutes to average points equal to his ability?

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
You really are embarrassing yourself now.

You can't even formulate a proper counterargument after I debunked your whole shyt. You're just stuttering your way through whatever the fukk it is you're saying in this post.

I want you to tell me why the fukk you think Kobe averaging 8 ppg straight out of HS, during a period where HS players weren't trusted to have main roles during their rookie seasons, has anything to do with Steph (who played three years at college) and Luka (who played professionally since he was 16)? Why can't you reference players who had similar experience to Steph and Luka to layer whatever nonsensical point you're trying to make?

Why is it you seem to think that Kobe averaging 8 ppg in his rookie year meant he was only capable of scoring 8 ppg? Do you not understand context? Do you not understand he was not allowed to have a bigger role? Do you not understand he was the first ever guard to ever be drafted from high school? Do you not understand how there were reservations around how young and inexperienced he was and it reflected in his playing time and role? Do you not understand he had Van Exel and Eddie Jones ahead of him on the depth chart and he had to bide his time before getting a starting role? Do you not understand how that may have not given him the opportunities and minutes to average points equal to his ability?
nikka you fuss like a woman, I don't even feel like tearing this stupid shyt apart. You duck my questions to try and say something stupid. You change up like them hoes.
nikka don't ever repeat this out loud nor reply to me until I tell you to do so you lame.
You type just like a woman with no guidance.

Last edited: