Key and peele str8 c00nin with this sketch

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On a whole nother level too

The question is, is it satirically funny or :camby:status?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this is what happens when you have half breeds represent your race.

i know we didn't personally put 'em up there, i'm just saying. they'll have no racial loyalty like chappelle, they wont mind if they're making a complete mockery of black folks -- and when they aint doing that, they'll be doing some gay ass shyt instead

edit: just saw the clip and i hate to admit the premise made me laugh. :dead: but yeah they still kewnin tho

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
I didn't think it was funny but it wasn't offensive either, I got the joke but it was just wack

The annoying thing about black comedy shows is that the black community itself likes to restrain what you can and can't do more than white folks ever will. Jim Carrey can dress like a woman and it's cool but if a black comic does it suddenly he's playing a part in the emasculation of the black man or some shyt

I don't remember anyone trying to disown Chappelle after that nikkar Family sketch, which was WAY worse than this from a militant standpoint. Don't get how this is somehow c00ning in comparison

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cmon, yall really think thats c00nin? the shyt was so obviously satire. the fact that you see everyone at the funeral actually reacting negatively to the films should leave no question in the matter. he even threw the film reel in the coffin at the end of the skit. i mean cmon. maybe if the films were a separate skit with no context it would be questionable. but this shyt obviously shows a contrast between old timey hollywood films and reality. does this really even have to be explained?

and key and peele definitely had some borderline c00n shyt in the first season, but as the show has progressed they have really pulled back on the whole "we're mixed" shtick and now mostly just on some "we're suburban Black" shyt.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boondocks is just as bad but it doesn't receive half the hate.
Boondocks balances itself out IMO.
It doesn't present just "one" view.
It takes multiple examinations of the same topic
from the perspective of different characters.
Uncle Ruckus, Riley and Huey in particular present
three very different view points.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
this is what happens when you have half breeds represent your race.

i know we didn't personally put 'em up there, i'm just saying. they'll have no racial loyalty like chappelle, they wont mind if they're making a complete mockery of black folks -- and when they aint doing that, they'll be doing some gay ass shyt instead
this.