Kevin Samuels Discussion Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
He articulated that wrong he should have said " code switching". I'm in the military I don't all the time . I can't talk to corporate white people like I'm talking to my nikkas on the block etc. It many men that like what he's talking about thoe and yes black men . A white supremacist is too far Breh ....it Breh out there like him just younger ...

#BLACK EXCELLENCE#

the whole suit thing is a dated mindset from people out of touch from where the current wave of corporate money is surging from.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I'm really sick and tired of y'all using white culture as the peak of masculinity.

Why does black excellence intell wearing the very clothes that your oppressor deems as proper and elite attire?

I don't know about you but black excellence to me isn't mimicking upper class crackas :manny:

That pic gives me the vibe that them nikkas enjoy being the only black people in their neighborhoods

black folks literally been rocking suits and getting lynched.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
I'm really sick and tired of y'all using white culture as the peak of masculinity.

Why does black excellence intell wearing the very clothes that your oppressor deems as proper and elite attire?

I don't know about you but black excellence to me isn't mimicking upper class crackas :manny:

That pic gives me the vibe that them nikkas enjoy being the only black people in their neighborhoods
So your only issue is the clothes they are wearing?

I think you are missing the point completely and that kind of illustrates how hotep/militant hustlers are able to gme our community by using their "appearance" to build trust.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps

The fact that the dude who posted being Nigerian is telling

But that's a different conversation :mjpls:

Daps

You nikkas ....man :what::rudy:. If I work in corporate America and I have to have a suit that's me copying the the oppressor? . I'm in the military uniform cause that my job but I'm probably going to be a c00n cause it the uniform my oppressor wears ....Or was I celebrating the black excellence because them brothas in that photo is black doctors and lawyers not that they wear the oppressor uniform :rudy:

Prynce

Daps

I think you are missing the point completely and that kind of illustrates how hotep/militant hustlers are able to gme our community by using their "appearance" to build trust.
No ...

It's the sentiment that black men should dress and assimilate to white culture to be considered real men. It's bullshyt and self hating

Idk about you but there are plenty of rich and intelligent black men who live in Atlanta, who can match any white business man in a suit while wearing a Nike techsuit ...

I'm against respectability politics which is what Kevin Samuel's is selling

Daps

Somebody gets it like I've been reading GQ since I was 15 I love to dress and it has nothing to do with the OPPRESSOR :mjlol:

Daps
No ...

It's the sentiment that black men should dress and assimilate to white culture to be considered real men. It's bullshyt and self hating

Idk about you but there are plenty of rich and intelligent black men who live in Atlanta, who can match any white business man in a suit while wearing a Nike techsuit ...

I'm against respectability politics which is what Kevin Samuel's is selling
:mjlol::lolbron:

Prynce

Daps
You nikkas ....man :what::rudy:. If I work in corporate America and I have to have a suit that's me copying the the oppressor . I'm in the military uniform cause that my job but I'm probably going to be a c00n cause it the uniform my oppressor wears ....Or was I celebrating the black excellence because them brothas in that photo is black doctors and lawyers not that they wear the oppressor uniform :rudy:
The military doesn't count ...

The issue is that y'all nikkas push respectability politics and ignoring the fact that nikkas had dogs sicked on them in suits

You do not have to mimick white culture to be a successful or intelligent black man.

That very ig post is nothing but nikkas tryna prove they are black excellence because they rocking suits :mjlol:

I can post doctors and lawyers too who are actually being true to themselves

Daps

Wait how do you say this shyt and don't know these brothas personally ? :what:

Daps
The military doesn't count ...

The issue is that y'all nikkas push respectability politics and ignoring the fact that nikkas had dogs sicked on them in suits

You do not have to mimick white culture to be a successful or intelligent black man.

That very ig post is nothing but nikkas tryna prove they are black excellence because they rocking suits :mjlol:

I can post doctors and lawyers too who are actually being true to themselves

Alright fam off to the land of ignore you go :ufdup: