Kevin Hart: When I was broke, my Wife was there

Marti

Tete status
Daps
Reppin
nikkas tryna make it sound like she was there back when he was bussing tables

I'm sure he had $100,000 to his name (and that's a conservative estimate) by this point at least. I doubt he was struggling :comeon:

"Not Easily Broken" came out in 09

Film

2002 Paper Soldiers Shawn
2003 Scary Movie 3 CJ
Death of a Dynasty P-Diddy / Cop 1 / Dance Coach / Hyper Rapper / H. Lector
2004 Along Came Polly Vic
Soul Plane Nashawn Wade
2005 The 40-Year-Old Virgin Smart Tech Customer
In The Mix Busta
2006 Scary Movie 4 CJ
The Last Stand F Stop/G Spot
2007 Epic Movie Silas
2008 Fool's Gold Bigg Bunny
Superhero Movie Trey
Extreme Movie Barry
Meet Dave Number 17
Drillbit Taylor Pawn Shop Dealer
2009 Not Easily Broken Tree
Kevin Hart: I'm a Grown Little Man Himself Stand-up film
2010 Something Like a Business JoJo
Kevin Hart: Seriously Funny Himself Stand-up film
Death at a Funeral Brian
Little Fockers Nurse Louis

TV

2002–2003 Undeclared Luke 3 episodes
2002–2004 Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn Himself 8 episodes
2004 The Big House Kevin 5 episodes
Comedy Central Presents Himself Stand-up special
2005 Barbershop James Ricky 3 episodes
2005–2006 Jake In Progress Nugget Dawson 2 episodes
2006 Love, Inc. James 2 episodes
Help Me Help You Kevin Episode: "Raging Bill"
2007 All of Us Greg Episode: "The B-R-E-A-K-U-P"
Wild 'n Out Various 21 episodes
2009 Party Down Dro Grizzle Episode: "Taylor Stiltskin Sweet Sixteen"
Kröd Mändoon and The Flaming Sword of Fire Zezelryck 6 episodes
Kevin Hart: I'm a Grown Little Man Himself Stand-up special
2010 Kevin Hart: Seriously Funny Himself Stand-up special
Cubed Security Guard Episode: "2.10"

His stand ups really blew him up imo.

everyone in college was watching those religiously :pachaha:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Yea IDK what these nikkas talking about.

Not only was Kevin famous in the black community from doing movies(Soul Plane, Scary movie etcc) but seriously funny was the shyt at the time.

Who cares that he wasnt doing cac movies with the Rock? Dude was still famous and buzzin :heh:

Yea.....Kevin Hart, Mike Epps, Katt Williams. They were all popping on the black circuit around the time (mid to late 2000s). Mike and Katt were in the game longer but, I looked at them as all on the same level.

Kevin Hart took off like a rocket and went mainstream but, to act like he was a broke nobody in 2009 is just a complete falsehood :heh:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
That's bullshyt dog. Kevin Hart was in Not Easily Broken, Death at a Funeral, In the Mix, Soul Plane, 40 Year Old Virgin and a shytload of comedy movies by 2011. He wasn't a star but, he wasn't a starving actor either. People knew who he was by then.
I stated that he wasn't "broke broke" but he wasn't rich either. He didn't have a major role in any of those films other than Soul plane. I doubt he was paid more than a low 5-figure sum for any of those roles. He was in like 1 scene in 40 year old virgin, how much you think he got paid for that? He was hood famous sure but he wasn't well off at all by any stretch. He's done interviews where's he's explained all of this.
Let's keep it a buck...
Most of these post are out of envy..
Guaranteed a hardworking, blue collared breh is not on the radar for most of these women.
Kev will find out sooner or later if she really about that life when he hits the declining wall:sas2:
Im not sure there will be a "decline" for Kevin Hart. He's much more business savvy than others. He's producing his own stand up specials using his own money(greater profits in the short term and longterm syndication potential and royalties) and he's got a Netflix type of streaming service for comedy coming out. His personal star might dim but I think his money going to be good for life.
His first stand ups were in theatres around 2009 -2011 if i recall as well. nikka been eating since soul plane honestly
His first theatrical release stand up special was in 2011

Kevin ain't really takeoff until 2011 and he started seeing eniko 2009/2010 so maybe he wasn't "broke broke" but he wasn't really a millionaire either.
Btw, this is my very first post in this thread. Stating that he likely wasn't "broke" but he wasn't crazy paid either.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Not going to shyt on KH. Dude got to where he's at by putting in work not asking for handouts or dikkriding for a feature. And on top of that he pulled up a lot of his circle with him. :salute:

If all these other industry rivals who everybody thinks is funnier would stop hating and start working, they'd be banking like him too. I listened to that whiny ass Epps video of him crying and acting like KH got handed everything :camby:

Go ahead an believe KH let himself get fukked in bootiehole by some jew producer to get his spot :sas1:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Come on, there's no way in 2010 you could foresee Kevin Hart taking off like he has. He didn't land his first feature role until 2012. This was the type of movie he was doing in 2011. Budget of $100,000

35 and Ticking - Wikipedia
Brah, he had 2 huge stand up specials from 2009 - 2011

Last edited:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
I stated that he wasn't "broke broke" but he wasn't rich either. He didn't have a major role in any of those films other than Soul plane. I doubt he was paid more than a low 5-figure sum for any of those roles. He was in like 1 scene in 40 year old virgin, how much you think he got paid for that? He was hood famous sure but he wasn't well off at all by any stretch. He's done interviews where's he's explained all of this.

He was in like 20 movies by that point.

He was probably easily clearing six figures or more by 2010 or 2011. I'm being real conservative here because I don't know his finances but, I'mma guess he was seeing good bread before he really blew up.

That's not broke. Plenty of chicks in LA would've saw him as a comeup.

This is multipled by the fact he was all over TV and urban media.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
She don't want me love. She just wants my potential.:wow:
latest