Kevin Hart: When I was broke, my Wife was there

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe to him he was broke :yeshrug:

NOBODY is making bank off those bit roles he was playing from 2002-2009 before Grown Little Man came out.

Sure he was known but being known doesnt equate big money.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I just watched Ride Along 2 and Central Intelligence a few days ago..... I've never been one to hate on Kevin Hart but I understand why people think he can be corny..... Dude deserves props.... I was always under the impression that Soul Plane was one of his "break through" movies kinda.... Didn't dawn on me until somebody said 2011 is when dude straight took the fukk off.... He'll never be what we got in the past but I can't not like dude... Props to him just being funny and not spreading negative energy...

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
He's full of it.

He wants to believe that she likes him for who he is and not his fame/status. But the reality is, if he was an engineer, he would have never pulled that.

Suck it up, and enjoy what you have with her. But don't make up stories about how she's been down since you were a nobody.
lol thats not necessarily true either

pull up in the right whip with the right clothes

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
He's full of it.

He wants to believe that she likes him for who he is and not his fame/status. But the reality is, if he was an engineer, he would have never pulled that.

Suck it up, and enjoy what you have with her. But don't make up stories about how she's been down since you were a nobody.

stop it slime your putting her on a pedestal....i really don't get comments like these

kev to much a focused dude to be giving this bs the time of day

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
stop it slime your putting her on a pedestal....i really don't get comments like these

kev to much a focused dude to be giving this bs the time of day

So why he lying about being broke when they met? Dude had been in a ton of movies and already had done a couple HBO stand-ups.

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
Define model.

I know nikkas whos wives wouldnt be with them before they were older and got cash

Engineer is not a regular job for a lot of badic chicks.

Fair point. As an engineer you're making close to 6 figs or better, so that would help tremendously. Being moderately succesful can improve your options substantially.

My main point is that you aren't gonna see some "regular" midget ass dude dating beautiful women 4-5 inches taller than them. It just doesn't happen.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Fair point. As an engineer you're making close to 6 figs or better, so that would help tremendously. Being moderately succesful can improve your options substantially.

My main point is that you aren't gonna see some "regular" midget ass dude dating beautiful women 4-5 inches taller than them. It just doesn't happen.

Oh yea i agree

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Brah, he had 2 huge stand ups specials from 2009 - 2011
You have to define huge. Seriously Funny in 2009 had a budget of $150,000. Grown little man probably had around a similar budget. Neither of these were theatrical releases. He probably made good money but nothing close to rich. I'd guess he made $100k or so
He was in like 20 movies by that point.

He was probably easily clearing six figures or more by 2010 or 2011. I'm being real conservative here because I don't know his finances but, I'mma guess he was seeing good bread before he really blew up.

That's not broke. Plenty of chicks in LA would've saw him as a comeup.

This is multipled by the fact he was all over TV and urban media.
20 movies but how much was he making for those roles. You're not seeing big movie checks unless you're name is on the promo material used to sell the movie. And even then you have to prove you can sell a movie first. Robert Downey Jr only got $500k for the first Iron Man. He was a bonified A-lister in a movie with a 150 million dollar budget. Jonah Hill got $60k for Wolf of Wall street a film with a 100 million dollar budget where he had a main supporting role. So how much you think Kevin Hart who's only in one scene making in a film like 40 year old virgin that only has a 10th of that budget? Many of those films he was in 1 or a few scenes.
Here's Saag rates for daily and weekly performers:

https://www.sagaftra.org/files/sag/rate_sheet_theatrical_8_15.pdf

Daily is $900 a day and weekly is like $2,000 or so a week. Mind you these are current 2015 rates and they renegotiated a new deal in 2014. These numbers were much smaller 5-7 years ago. If you're only in a couple scenes how many days and/or weeks are you getting paid? Most of those movies he only made $1,000-$10,000 or so (the movies not that standup specials)

Source? Who did Hart fukk to get to his position?
That's some nonsense Mike Epps tried to sort of put out there in a breakfast club interview.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Kevin ain't really takeoff until 2011 and he started seeing eniko 2009/2010 so maybe he wasn't "broke broke" but he wasn't really a millionaire either.
When did Soul Plane come out? Actually by the time Paper Soldiers dropped he was big enough to not have to worry about being broke.