Kevin Durant willing to pass on MAX DEAL

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. And to make it worse there is no real "max" because you have a cap, nobody is making their maximum value.

Agreed, when his max value isn't that far off someone like Mike Conley (no disrespect, he's good), then you can't blame him for this. Not like he was turning down 60/70 millions a year contracts.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Because he's willing to take less money? :dahell:

Y'all gotta stop this "he didn't go where I wanted him to go" pity party
More of the fact he went to a team who beat him last year and now is willing to take less money.
I'm basically saying 10 years from now when we talk about the goats we gonna come to Durant.
If he has multiple rings it would be hard to ever include him in a top 5 hell a top 10 of all time when you look at the "context" of everything.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
More of the fact he went to a team who beat him last year and now is willing to take less money.
I'm basically saying 10 years from now when we talk about the goats we gonna come to Durant.
If he has multiple rings it would be hard to ever include him in a top 5 hell a top 10 of all time when you look at the "context" of everything.
i think that's an old song now though.. fukk it.. he left and joined the guys who beat him.. we know that..

and taking the cut make sense to him.. he needs a winning squad...

once you sacrifice an hand.. the arm might have to go too..

at this point..since all is already done.. he is doing the right thing.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
I'm pretty sure this is all depends on them winning the title. They lose, all bets are off.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I mean..yall get mad but If he wants to take less than the max on his own accord to keep a winning team around what can you do?
You know some cats love counting other nikkas money for some strange reason. If that's what he wants to do with his money idgaf. shyt ain't helping me one way or another.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont agree with taking less money either but we acting like KD the first :francis:

Lebron, Wade, Bosh , Timbot, Dirk....
IIRC, Duncan and dirk were pass there prime when they took pay cuts...Bron, wade, and Bosh did that to come together. THhey would not have resigned to pay cut.

The warrior are already together. Nobody has to take pay cuts

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
MIAMI -- LeBron James and Chris Bosh are now members of the Miami Heat and both came at a cut rate.

The Heat's two newest superstars signed matching six-year, $110.1 million contracts, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher. Dwyane Wade took an even bigger discount to stay in Miami, signing for six years and $107.5 million, according to the sources.

Sources told ESPN.com's Chad Ford that James and Bosh are scheduled to make $14.5 million and Wade $14 million in 2010-11.

Each player took $15 million less over the life of the contract to sign with Miami, but the deals came with a caveat.