Kevin Durant will be forgotten in time, and be eclipsed by players playing right now...and this is not an unprecedented phenomenon

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
It's a shame how much fans have turned on KD and a lot of that hate is because he didn't wanna continue helping Steph win championships...I don't wanna hear that they've won without him yeah sure they have but, without KD for all we know Curry and Comp would be 2X champs instead of 4X.

Durant had the right to leave GS, although a lot of people point to the turmoil between him and Draymond as the reason for him leaving, I always thought his tenure there was always going to be shortlived similar to Bron in Miami.

KD is one of the greatest basketball players ever and despite his postseason woes as of late...he's still accomplished more than the average NBA has gotten. His career is full of all-time great highlights and accolades. He's already been solidified... anything else is just rah-rah talk.

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
Doesn't matter. .
Only if you want to provide a weak argument.
Doesn't matter. If that's the case you'd shouldn't be able to rank players highly either if you didn't see them play in real time.
Yeah, but unlike some, I did see them in real time. Those who didn’t don’t qualify.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Only if you want to provide a weak argument.

Yeah, but I did see them in real time. You didn’t, so you don’t qualify.
No, only if I want to discuss all-time greats, before and during my lifetime. Just like anyone else.

I don't care who you saw, especially since it's extremely unlikely you're 60 years old and saw prime Kareem or 3peat MVP Bird and was old enough to follow. I'm absolutely qualified.

Again, if this the logic, nobody can rank a player in any capacity of they didn't see them.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You must have forgot sports is purely for entertainment and gambling, it’s perfectly acceptable to shyt on peoples career the shyt isn’t impactful to society in anyway
That’s totally fine, but dudes need to stop complaining about the hot take culture and rhetoric of current NBA talk when they’re actively contributing to it themselves.

Instead of enjoying the spectacle in what’s in front of them, dudes are always too worried about narratives. They love talking about the NBA and shytting on players instead of the game itself.

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
No, only if I want to discuss all-time greats, before and during my lifetime. Just like anyone else.

I don't care who you saw, especially since it's extremely unlikely you're 60 years old and saw prime Kareem or 3peat MVP Bird and was old enough to follow. I'm absolutely qualified.

Again, if this the logic, nobody can rank a player in any capacity of they didn't see them.
You grown, and you can discuss whoever you want, it just won’t hold any weight over those who experienced the players.

If you don’t care who I saw, why even respond to me? I didn’t address you, obviously you fit the description and felt a way.

I absolutely saw 3peat MVP Bird, and had a great understanding of the game too. I had a pair of Weapons, not his ugly black and white joints, but Magic’s purple and gold, AND Zeke’s blue and white. I saw the all time greats play MULTIPLE times at the Garden. From Zeke’s first game at the Garden, to KD’s last game at the Barclays.

Again, if you never saw a player actually play, how can you rank them? On video tapes and hearsay? Nah, I’ll take the word of eyewitness over hearsay.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
You just found ways to minimize his rings. He did what he was supposed to do, win those 2 rings. Doesn’t matter the circumstances, he won. Look throughout history of the playoffs and finals, key situations played a part in teams winning. It’s called not making excuses for losing…or winning.

No, I only pointed that out because you tried to minimize the rings of players who played for so-called superteams....and even then I still gave Hakeem his props by saying he was better than KD.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You grown, and you can discuss whoever you want, it just won’t hold any weight over those who experienced the players.

If you don’t care who I saw, why even respond to me? I didn’t address you, obviously you fit the description and felt a way.

I absolutely saw 3peat MVP Bird, and had a great understanding of the game too. I had a pair of Weapons, not his ugly black and white joints, but Magic’s purple and gold, AND Zeke’s blue and white. I saw the all time greats play MULTIPLE times at the Garden. From Zeke’s first game at the Garden, to KD’s last game at the Barclays.

Again, if you never saw a player actually play, how can you rank them? On video tapes and hearsay? Nah, I’ll take the word of eyewitness over hearsay.
How can I fit the description if I don't have any posts in here calling anybody you named overrated?

I responded to you because I find the statement silly regardless of who said it or if I fit the description. I don't care who you saw because it doesn't give your opinion anymore weight than mine, same as my opinion not having any weight with you.

Look how you skip over Prime Kareem when you named him as somebody people shouldn't speak on. So you're being a hypocrite.

Again, if this the logic, nobody can rank a player in any capacity if they didn't see them. You can't rank anyone before the 80s.

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
How can I fit the description if I don't have any posts in here calling anybody you named overrated?

I responded to you because I find the statement silly regardless of who said it or if I fit the description. I don't care who you saw because it doesn't give your opinion anymore weight than mine, same as my opinion not having any weight with you.

Look how you skip over Prime Kareem when you named him as somebody people shouldn't speak on. So you're being a hypocrite.

Again, if this the logic, nobody can rank a player in any capacity if they didn't see them. You can't rank anyone before the 80s.
I’ve seen enough of Kareem in real time to make my feelings known. I’m not going back and forth breh. Feel how you feel.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I’ve seen enough of Kareem in real time to make my feelings known. I’m not going back and forth breh. Feel how you feel.
You haven't seen enough of him, especially the version of him that built his reputation, to "disqualify" anyone from speaking on him.

Too late, you've already gone back and forth.