Kevin Durant will be forgotten in time, and be eclipsed by players playing right now...and this is not an unprecedented phenomenon

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Him being “forgotten” is a bridge too far, but for sure his post-GSW career cost him some of his all time standing…basically him and steph swapped spots as to who was the overall better all-time latter day Lebron contemporary…absolutely killed the argument of putting him above Steph, which matters more than where ranks against legends that played 30 years before him

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Him being “forgotten” is a bridge too far, but for sure his post-GSW career cost him some of his all time standing…basically him and steph swapped spots as to who was the overall better all-time latter day Lebron contemporary…absolutely killed the argument of putting him above Steph, which matters more than where ranks against legends that played 30 years before him
Well, I mean how we wax poetic about Kareem and wilt and bird and Russell but you really don't hear much about Moses Malone, Dr j, Elgin Baylor when we're talking about goats. Kd was in that conversation, now he's not. He is on the Hakeem level of the pyramid at best, and that's not shameful but his accomplishments will be surpassed by this generation...jokic is doing it right now and I don't believe giannis is done. His scoring achievements might be passed by the young guys in the playoffs active right now.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
I swear the way some you talk about Hakeem is hilarious. You would think he was a 5 time NBA champion with 4 MVPs instead spending most of the 80’s and early 90’s getting dumped out of the 1st round of the playoffs.

Hakeem had 4 years averaging 25 points a game. KD has 13. Hakeem has 2 50 point games. KD has 9. Hakeem had 32 40 point games. KD has 70.

We’ve seen Durant on the same team as other all-time greats Harden, Curry, Klay Thompson, Westbrook, Lillard, Tatum and he was a step above them.

Hakeem and Durant are definitely in the same tier. I swear some of Yall gotta stop drinking and actually watch the game.
Man we’re in a bizarro world where I’m agree with two scUM posters. I think people’s nostalgic view of Hakeem has grown over the years. He has two titles and two finals MVPs just like KD. One MVP just like KD. He’s an all time great, and so is KD. But now people wanna laugh and act like what Hakeem did was levels above KD? And yeah he did try the super team thing adding Barkley, but it didn’t pan out (sounds similar). KD’s resume is right on par with Hakeem’s, and it’s a testament to their greatness. Arguing résumés is different from arguing who’d you draft first on your team in an all time draft or something.

Oh, and negged just cause by the way.

Spade281

Pro
Daps
Man we’re in a bizarro world where I’m agree with two scUM posters. I think people’s nostalgic view of Hakeem has grown over the years. He has two titles and two finals MVPs just like KD. One MVP just like KD. He’s an all time great, and so is KD. But now people wanna laugh and act like what Hakeem did was levels above KD? And yeah he did try the super team thing adding Barkley, but it didn’t pan out (sounds similar). KD’s resume is right on par with Hakeem’s, and it’s a testament to their greatness. Arguing résumés is different from arguing who’d you draft first on your team in an all time draft or something.

If you are looking at it from surface level, yeah it is similar when you consider the rings and MVPs won... but if you dive deeper into their careers you'll see that Hakeen stuck it out with the same team and was the alpha/batman/leader for two titles. now if Hakeem left the Rockets for the Bulls or Jazz and won two rings that way his career would be more similar to KD.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Well, I mean how we wax poetic about Kareem and wilt and bird and Russell but you really don't hear much about Moses Malone, Dr j, Elgin Baylor when we're talking about goats. Kd was in that conversation, now he's not.
This

KD is in that tier of greats - Moses Malone, Dr. J.

He's not top 12 like his fans think he is. He's won't even be consistently top 15 in a few years.

He's top 20 at best

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Hakeem didn't need superteams to win his titles

Yeah, but Hakeem did not beat any superteams.......He beat a Knicks team with 1 star and a young Magic team that choked gm 1 away, setting the tone for the rest of the series.....He also won his rings when Jordan retired.

That being said....I still have Hakeem > Durant

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

Dapped, undapped, angry dapped

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I wouldn’t call the 1981 Celtics ridiculously stacked at all.

They were stacked compared to their opposition.

PG: Tiny Archibald - All-Star, 2nd-team All-NBA, 9th in MVP voting (was 5th in MVP voting the previous year), Future HOF
SG: Cedric Maxwell - Leading scorer in the Finals and Finals MVP
SF: Larry Bird - All-Star, 1st-team All-NBA, 2nd in MVP voting, Future HOF
PF: Chris Ford - solid starter who had averaged 16ppg just two years earlier, and future HOF Kevin McHale was playing 20 mpg off the bench
C: Robert Parish - All-Star, 7th in MVP voting, Future HOF. He would have easily gotten 3rd-team All-NBA if it existed back then, but got beat out of the first two teams by Kareem and Moses Malone.

Besides Kevin McHale, they also had Gerald Henderson, Ricky Robey, and M.L. Carr coming off the bench, all of whom could have started for other squads

What other team was starting 3 All-Stars, 3 guys who finished top-10 in MVP voting, 4 future Hall of Famers, and still had a FIFTH player good enough to grab the Finals MVP?

Their opposition in the Finals was the 40-42 Rockets, the only team with a losing record ever to make the Finals. They only had one All-Star, and their 2nd-best player was 5'9" Calvin Murphy who got hurt and missed half the Finals.

The best team they played was the Sixers, who weren't ready like that yet. The Sixers's #2 was Bobby Jones and they still took the Celtics to 7.

No other team that season was stacked 3-deep, 6-deep, or 9-deep like the Celtics were.

Last edited:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
People still think he's better than Larry Bird? Better scorer for sure, but everything else, Bird got him imo.
So if you had a choice y’all are taking Bird over KD?
:mjlol:

If people in here actually saw Bird play this wouldn't even be a question

Larry Bird and LeBron are really really close to me for the greatest SF ever

Larry Bird was better than KD it's not even up for debate

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I hear you but Batmans don't join already stacked teams that just kicked you out of the playoffs the year before. At mind and heart, KD is a robin. Not a leader
I agree, which is what's so frustrating about KD, but he's still not a Robin. There has to be another category for him. Same as 3peat Kobe.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
:mjlol:

If people in here actually saw Bird play this wouldn't even be a question

Larry Bird and LeBron are really really close to me for the greatest SF ever

Larry Bird was better than KD it's not even up for debate
Bird is not that close to Bron...
If any posters haven’t actually seen Akeem, Bird, and Kareem play in real time, then your opinion is nil. Calling any of those players overrated is ridiculous.
No it isn't.

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
Yeah, but Hakeem did not beat any superteams.......He beat a Knicks team with 1 star and a young Magic team that choked gm 1 away, setting the tone for the rest of the series.....He also won his rings when Jordan retired.

That being said....I still have Hakeem > Durant
You just found ways to minimize his rings. He did what he was supposed to do, win those 2 rings. Doesn’t matter the circumstances, he won. Look throughout history of the playoffs and finals, key situations played a part in teams winning. It’s called not making excuses for losing…or winning.
“My rings don’t really hold a lot of weight because I didn’t beat Jordan and beat a younger team.” Said Akeeem, never.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Dudes stay complaining about how trash NBA coverage and talk is, yet actively contribute to it with these types of discussions.

Always shytting and talking down on someone’s career just to prop up others.
You must have forgot sports is purely for entertainment and gambling, it’s perfectly acceptable to shyt on peoples career the shyt isn’t impactful to society in anyway