Kevin Durant will be forgotten in time, and be eclipsed by players playing right now...and this is not an unprecedented phenomenon

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Their resumes are very similar...Hakeem is a superior player though, no argument here.
Hakeem won back to back titles as the lynchpin MVP, and possibly the best player in the league those 2 years. He defeated the Knicks, and Magic after they beat Jordan in the playoffs. Returning jordan, but still Jordan.

Durant won back to back on a super team that had ALREADY won previously without him. I take nothing away from KD, but Hakeem will not be forgotten bc the resumes are different.

Durant may indeed end up being viewed as an all-time great scorer but, if Barkley is not forgotten then KD likely won't be.
When I think of forgotten greats, Drexler comes to mind. Even Dominique Wilkins. But I think KD will be remembered over them

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Hakeem won back to back titles as the lynchpin MVP, and possibly the best player in the league those 2 years. He defeated the Knicks, and Magic after they beat Jordan in the playoffs. Returning jordan, but still Jordan.

Durant won back to back on a super team that had ALREADY won previously without him. I take nothing away from KD, but Hakeem will not be forgotten bc the resumes are different.

Durant may indeed end up being viewed as an all-time great scorer but, if Barkley is not forgotten then KD likely won't be.
When I think of forgotten greats, Drexler comes to mind. Even Dominique Wilkins. But I think KD will be remembered over them
i think Barkley is remembered because of how much of a character he was, and how explosive he was compared to his peers then. And even then...to this generation he's the guy from inside the NBA who used to hoop.

One of my analysts is a big nba fan and he literally had never seen Isiah thomas or barkley play, and didn't know Zeke was an all time great... and he's someone who watches 5-6 games a week and came over yesterday to watch the nba draft lottery before we went to the mariners game....he's a hardcore fan...and had never seen nba before kobe really and learned a lot from 'The Last Dance' and going back to 30 for 30s and shyt. Barkley's personality kept him in the culture more than his peers.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Every future skilled tall wing player is gonna be compared to Kevin Durant. So, no he’s not gonna be forgotten for a long time, if ever. I mean, Giannis is a fukking watered down version of KD. He’s just more physically imposing than him. One thing I don’t like about KD and wished he would addressed is his assertiveness as a player/person. He should have told Draymond to stfu and play his role and stay his ass in GS.

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
He’s a great but he’s on the same line as Ray Allen when we remember KD
and on that note, the only thing left for KD to
do is:

682adbcb064b3583de926ae4f6228ef3

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
he is not in the same tier as Hakeem :what:
It is nowhere near as ridiculous as you're making it. They have similar resumes, and Hakeem and the Rocket's failures between their finals visits were a lot of first and second round exits...we don't mention them. They are both superior skilled 7'ers