Kevin Durant will be forgotten in time, and be eclipsed by players playing right now...and this is not an unprecedented phenomenon

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
So, Kevin Durant is probably done with major NBA success...it is what it is. He isn't WASHED, he was top 10 in scoring this year, but lets be real, there is not a path to an NBA title again based on the direction the league is going, the way the sun's abhorrent cap situation is...and the way the conference is structured...I don't see it.

He was on a path to GOAT tier...and I believe he'll settle at "really great nba career" tier.

1-2 NBA titles, multiple scoring titles, MVP, plethora of all nba etc...this is the resume of Moses Malone, Dr. J, Hakeem Olajuwon...and Kevin Durant. And we respect the hell out of them, but they are not in the GOAT conversation, the way that Kareem, MJ, Magic, LeBron, Wilt, etc are. Kevin Durant does not belong there. He was on GOAT path for a while.

I don't think it is even reasonable to place Durant over Larry Bird at this point. I fully believe Giannis and Jokic will eclipse his level of success completely, and the trajectory that the new class of players is going, he could be forgotten in time the way that Moses Malone and Dr J are like, myths to anyone my age or younger.

Has your perspective about Kevin Durant's career changed over the past few years?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Dudes stay complaining about how trash NBA coverage and talk is, yet actively contribute to it with these types of discussions.

Always shytting and talking down on someone’s career just to prop up others.
who am i propping up?

And what critical and important nba thread have you ever made in your entire life? In fact, what do you even contribute to The Coli? :heh: