Kevin Durant Has Done Absolutely Nothing With His Career Since Leaving Golden State

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
It's funny how ppl make it seem like the dubs lost the Finals in 2016 4-2 or 4-1. They lost in game 7 in the final minute. If they had an even halfway competent Harrison Barnes, they win and possibly would've ran it back with the same squad and did it again.

The way they dominated the Cavs in 17-18, proved Durant was more than enough. They would've won with damn Tobias Harris:heh:
Coli nikkas don’t want to have that conversation

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Central figurehead of a dynasty that won a title before and after him. Had golden state even been a 60 win team that lost in the semis or conference finals, then KD going there wouldn't be viewed as controversial as it was. They were literally 1 win away from back-to-back titles before KD got there. It's easy to be a central figurehead on a team that was already tailormade for your skillset, years before even joining. That's why KDs two rings won't be viewed as favorably as time goes on, as other multi ring superstars such as a Kawhi. KDs legacy will be hard to quantify, because so much of his career was lackluster and underachieving while actually being surrounded by GREAT talent. We've never really seen a KD "carry job". Or anything close to it. He's always had talent around him. And he's either did what was supposed to be done given who he was surrounded by(the GS titles) or underachieved below given expectations (Brooklyn, Phx). A strange legacy. I can't even say he's overrated, because he doesn't really have stans. But there was a time where it was almost inevitable that KD would be considered top 15-19 all time. Now? This is not as concrete and teflon as it once was. Fringe top 25 in my book. :mjgrin:
I'm not sure how highly regarded Kawhi's will be in the long run either, given that he light-GM'd moves in LA and that shyt has turned into nothing after arriving with big hype...

The Toronto ring will always be more valued than Durant's rings, but the counter to that is that ONE QUARTER Durant stepped on the floor in the same Finals as him, you couldn't even tell Kawhi was on the floor; more importantly though Durant just had a significantly longer prime with more accomplishments as a more durable, high level guy...

Like I said though, I'd lean that Kawhi is actually the better basketball player but Kawhi's own perplexing career arc isn't dominant enough to place him over Durant...

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When they played together kd was finals mvp twice...end of discussion

This is the most bytch ass disingenuous discussion point ever. Is Tony Parker better than Duncan because he got an FMVP due to matchup and system?

Who has the more successful before and after their team up? Didn’t Curry outplay KD In a playoff series, head to head?

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
KD will win another ring before he retires.

Save this post.
miami-heat-v-dallas-mavericks.jpg

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
tragic story of ring chasing gone wrong. when he was with okc i thought kd could have been better and more impactful to bball than lebron. them bandwagon rings clapped his mental health and turned him into a journeyman. his legacy could have been so much greater.

edit: kd winning one ring with okc would have been far greater than kd winning those two rings with gs.

Last edited:

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
That Boston series was what solidified his overall ranking for me. The fact that one of the greatest scorers in history got locked up THAT badly is befuddling. It's even worse when you realize that he provided no other impact to the series besides that. He's not a playmaker and his defense is mediocre for someone his size.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Ehh not really a fair assessment. Just KD bouncing back from the Achiles tear in and of itself is impressive. And BK would've probably won the chip in 2021 in Kyrie and Harden weren't hurt. He shouldn't have signed that extension with BK in 2021. He could've signed with the Suns in free agency while they kept most of their depth.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Should’ve stayed on the nets :francis:
Honestly, I hated how he left Brooklyn

Like, unless he really hated the organization, leaving BKN after signing a 4 year deal was really shortsighted and befuddling. Did dude think he was back in 2016 and could just slide into a spot on PHX? Obviously they were going to have to give up pieces to get him, and now look at the result

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Honestly, I hated how he left Brooklyn

Like, unless he really hated the organization, leaving BKN after signing a 4 year deal was really shortsighted and befuddling. Did dude think he was back in 2016 and could just slide into a spot on PHX? Obviously they were going to have to give up pieces to get him, and now look at the result

I hated how all 3 of those guys left, they could've went far if they made other adjustments. They might've been on the Knicks level right now.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the most bytch ass disingenuous discussion point ever. Is Tony Parker better than Duncan because he got an FMVP due to matchup and system?

Who has the more successful before and after their team up? Didn’t Curry outplay KD In a playoff series, head to head?
Nah...fukk outta here. KD was clearly the best player on the team and the finals mvps's reflect that...don't matter what kd did before or after playing with GS...when he played with them he was the most dominant player on the court, not up for debate

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps

Watching that Phoenix offense was tough to watch. All 3 took turns playing iso ball. When it wasn't their turn, the other two would just stand there not doing anything. There were critical stretches in second half of games where Beal took his turn for 3 or 4 straight possessions just dribbling and bricking when they really needed to score.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nah...fukk outta here. KD was clearly the best player on the team and the finals mvps's reflect that...don't matter what kd did before or after playing with GS...when he played with them he was the most dominant player on the court, not up for debate
Tony Parker was the best player on the 2007 spurs and the finals mvp reflects that