Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It's my favorite track on the album but u wildin right now my dude...lol...

You my nikka spliz I'm not even trippin when I say I fukking love this song bro.

Last story telling track I was really really feeling was Queen's Story from Life Is Good but Nas has better story telling tracks that belong in the upper echelon. How Much A Dollar Cost is going to be next up the shyt is fukking cooked crack breh

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Is you saying this because it just dropped or because you disagree :patrice:

I'm sayin it cause while it's dope its just not gonna have the impact those songs had on the genre....those are the cream of the crop hip hop storytelling tracks...and think about ALL the dope storytelling tracks u ever heard from any artists from legends and non legends...u really think this song belongs THAT high up there?..and it just came out at that..

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
You my nikka spliz I'm not even trippin when I say I fukking love this song bro.

Last story telling track I was really really feeling was Queen's Story from Life Is Good but Nas has better story telling tracks that belong in the upper echelon. How Much A Dollar Cost is going to be next up the shyt is fukking cooked crack breh
Like I said in this very thread...that song is the shyt..grabbed me off rip..but I just don't see it having that kind of impact...I can't see it bro...when Common and Nas etc put those tracks out they was doin somethin different...and had nikkas on some :ohhh: shyt..while this track is technically crazy..I just don't see it..just my opinion tho..

Daps
no one will admit

it

but the production outshines KENDRICK here

never happened to nas/lu/em :sas2:

imagine lupe with kdots team :whew:

hahhahah when you say its never happened to nas but we all know his beat selection sucks matter of fact all of 3 of them have had some suspect production picks throughout the years as a whole especially...dont get me started

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'm sayin it cause while it's dope its just not gonna have the impact those songs had on the genre....those are the cream of the crop hip hop storytelling tracks...and think about ALL the dope storytelling tracks u ever heard from any artists from legends and non legends...u really think this song belongs THAT high up there?..and it just came out at that..

It might belong :patrice:

It just might :patrice:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:scust: what the fukk does that even mean.

Kendrick leading the revolution :win:

Ignorant surface rap is on its way out :blackblessed:

Glad that I lived long enough to see the black race making a great attempt to rise from ignorant rap :salute:

Cats think that they gonna be in the trap music phase to the year 2050 AD.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
How Much A Dollar Cost is A PERFECT song. It WILL go down in Hip Hop History along with I Gave You Power, I Got A Story To Tell, and I Use To Love H.E.R as amongst the greatest storytelling tracks. There is not literally One flaw in that Goddamn song...

The "twist" gives me chills every time. Also love how the baseline comes in at that point.

Also love he "he's staring at me" parts. The tension just builds and builds like a great novel.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no one will admit

it

but the production outshines KENDRICK here

never happened to nas/lu/em :sas2:

imagine lupe with kdots team :whew:

Can't happen when they've always had mediocre production for the most part.