Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:

You don't think so bro? *scratches head in shock* :patrice:

Edit: Oh shyt...I just caught it :dead:...just had a smart dumb moment.

Have confidence in yourself bro it is a real word. You did not say anything wrong

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I've grown as a person since then:leostare:

full

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"What you want you? A house or a car? Forty acres and a mule, a piano, a guitar? Anything see my name is Uncle Sam I'm your dog. Motherfukker you can live at the mall."
- Wesley's Theory

The bolded is replaced with Lucy in "Alright".

Both the white man and lucifer are trying to entice Kendrick to follow the culture of consumerism.

In the verses where says these lines he goes on to lay out the potential financial implications(Wesley's) and spiritual implications(Alright) of doing this. He also talks directly to America(For free) and Lucy(for sale) in the skits that follow both songs

Wesley's is the intro and Alright represents a significant change in the tone of the album. This was likely done on purpose and Alright is basically the intro to the second part of the album
shyt I just caught this :mindblown:

And "For Free" & "For Sale" just happen to be after both songs too. :wow:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Though to be fair, the interludes are a much more minimum this time around than they were on GKMC.
There are only 2 interludes, but with the reoccurring poem that he's saying on some songs (whether it's the end or start of a song) and then the end of "i" and the end of Mortal Man... I would say it's comparable