☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Some dude's doing some creepy alien voice over a forced stale beat for 16 tracks and I'm supposed to be impressed? Ah-ha, ok.

Speaking fast and using multisyllabic words doesn't make someone a great rapper.

This album is nothing but INSIDIOUS. I don't care if Kendrick is being sarcastic or ironic, the negative black stereotypes he is peddling to wide audiences is disconcerting.

It will be very interesting to see if people will be still listening to this 2 months from now because it's pretty boring as a whole with only a few standouts, like ALRIGHT.

I don't know how an album can be considered perfection when the first 12 songs are borderline trash.
Its just "i'm black and the government made my life shytty" reagan, welfare, hoes aint shyt, etc.

I mean...I respect it, but...I don't know how to feel.

I guess I don't need get my identity from this stuff... I can see how others will be drawn to it.

And the white dudes are just gonna eat this shyt up as if its "real rap"... the deepthroating here will be SERIOUS :wow:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
So much jazz and soul depth and blackness on this album.

I can see frail #Newblacks and cacs who rejoice over savage violence and bullshyt hating this album. Go listen to Young Thug

Kendrick did the damn thing on this joint.
That's what I love the most about this shyt, the album is so black :blessed::wow: Cacs ain't gonna be able to relate :umad:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
This album is the album of the people, it's timeless. The execution Kendrick displayed throughout this record is something that doesn't come out very often. It's literally like listening to poetry in motion... seriously, it's just awe inspiring music from start to finish. The way Kendrick switches his voice tone to properly convey his messages and connect the listener to his concepts and song writing is unrivaled. The skits are perfect... "This dikk ain't freeeeeeeeee" :wow:

Nobody else gives us deep spoken word poetry like this in the game. King Kendrick :king:

Oh and damn, the production that he had on this is :ohlawd:

The jazz feel, soooo soulful... :damn:

The Pac feature :whoo:

It's like Kendrick took on the hood mentality head on and rose above it to let people know there's more to our people than what is portrayed in the media.

Generational Game Changer

Thank you Kendrick
U really feel this way about this album?..I mean I like enough of it to say I like it...but I dont see whats so gamechanging about it...

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Why would iTunes take the album down NOW? SMH, hustling backwards, and if it's the lable, they're stupid as hell. This is just gonna hurt the sales.

For the ppl asking for a link, I caught up on the posts that I missed (about 7 pages, at 50 posts per page), and saw 2 posts with links to the album in spoiler tags (which IS a no-no fyi), so do the math, dig a little and you'll find it.

Also, I see some of the Kendrick-hating brigade that couldn't stay up past their bed time to hate when this dropped are starting to filter in. This thread is about to go to shyt pretty quickly.

Finally, can we stop with the "this album isn't for cacs" type posts. That's just ignorance. Music is universal. Just because it has a pro-black message doesn't make it anti-white. There are alot of us out there capable of enjoying and supporting the message of a strong black man. I enjoyed the album immensely while listening last night, but according to some folks on here, that shouldn't be possible becasue I'm a "cac"? Absurd. I guess I shouldn't like Public Enemy either? Not all of us are racist devils like some of you so desperately want to believe.

ralph lauren

Banned
Daps
my local best buy already ran out of copies,,,:leostare:

can any one help with supplying alt methods? pm me

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Alright :ohhh: now this is more like it
finally some pace

edit: This track got me feeling like I wasnt listening to the first 5 tracks tentatively enough. Might have to restart

Just listen all the way through then come back. Trust me when I say you'll have new perspective on them then.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Its just "i'm black and the government made my life shytty" reagan, welfare, hoes aint shyt, etc.

I mean...I respect it, but...I don't know how to feel.

I guess I don't need get my identity from this stuff... I can see how others will be drawn to it.

And the white dudes are just gonna eat this shyt up as if its "real rap"... the deepthroating here will be SERIOUS :wow:
Stop hating and just listen to the music.:camby:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
He ain't gonna get the same criticism Lupe got tho..cause nikkas pick and choose...

He won't because his approach to music is different. While Kendricks music has some depth to unpack, his approach is pretty straight forward. He's also trying to connect with the listener on a emotional level. I also feel like it's music 1st and message 2nd. Lupe can be very inaccessible as an artist in his music, and according to his fans, they like that his shyt requires a ton of deciphering for enjoyment's sake. Lupe can be very heavy handed with his lyrics over everything approach.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Just listen all the way through then come back. Trust me when I say you'll have new perspective on them then.
Thats what I'll do. More than 1ce.

Its just not hitting me like it should though.

Section 80 hit me like :ohhh:
Habits and Contradictions hit me like :blessed:
Oxymoron hit me like :merchant:
These Days hit me like :whew:
GKMC hit me like :ehh:
This is hitting me like :manny:

I dunno what it is. I dont know how anyone can compare it to MBDTF either, especially this early. MBDTF hit me with all them smilies at once.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Choice is deaf, a state of decapitated the horseman
Oh America, you bad bytch, I the picked cotton that made you rich
Now my dikk ain't free
"

For Free is a metaphor for white people taking shyt from black people and not giving shyt in return.

"If I was the president
I'd pay my mama's rent
Free my homies and them
Bulletproof my Chevy doors
Lay in the White House and get high, Lord
Who ever thought?
Master take the chains off me"

- Institutionalized

From Compton to Congress, it’s set trippin’ all around
Ain’t nothin' new but a flow of new DemoCrips and ReBloodlicans
Red state versus a blue state, which one you governin’?
They give us guns and drugs, call us thugs
Make it they promise to fukk with you
No condom they fukk with you,Obama say, "What it do?"
-
Hood Politics

"Dark as the midnight hour or bright as the mornin' sun
Give a fukk about your complexion, I know what the Germans done"

"Even if master's listenin', I got the world's attention
So I'mma say somethin' that's vital and critical for survival
Of mankind, if he lyin', color should never rival
Beauty is what you make it, I used to be so mistaken
By different shades of faces
Then wit told me, "You're womanless, woman love the creation"
It all came from God then you was my confirmation
I came to where you reside
And looked around to see more sights for sore eyes"

Complexion is entirely about colorism.

The Blacker The Berry is a song entirely about self hatred, white supremacy and black empowerment. People might not agree with the last line, but he has some interesting thoughts about that subject.

I promised Dave I'd never use the phrase "fukk nikka"
He said "think about what you saying: 'fukk nikkas'"
No better than Samuel on D'Jango
No better than a white man with slave boats
Sound like I needed some soul searching
My pops gave me some game in real person
Retrace my steps on what they never taught me
Did my home work fast before governement caught me
So I'ma dedicate this one verse to Oprah
On how the infamous, sensitive N-word control us
So many artist gave her an explanation to hold us
Well this is my explanation straight from Ethiopia
N-E-G-U-S definition: royality King royalty - wait listen
N-E-G-U-S description: Black emperor, King, ruler, now let me finish
The history books overlooked the word and hide it
America tried to make it to a house divided
The homies don't recognize we be using it wrong
So I'ma break it down and put my game in the song
N-E-G-U-S, say it with me
Or say no more. Black stars can come and get me
Take it from Oprah Winfrey
Tell her she right on time
Kendrick Lamar, by far, realest Negus alive

-
i

It's all over the album honestly. :ld:
Really? That's the powerful Kendrick Lamar? :mjlol: Like I said, he's a fake Tupac without the balls to speak loudly.