Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This album dropped and quite literally overnight, nikkas in the Booth have turned into funk/jazz connoisseurs :mjlol:

Yeah...you went from bumpin Gucci, Ross, and Drake....now all of a sudden you're dusting off Miles Coltrane and Parliament-Funkadelic records to appreciate songs Kendrick don't even sound comfortable on

Not saying it's not possible....but for YOU nikkaS? :laff:

There may not be an objective opinion on this album from this subforum until April-May :wow:

Some of us are blues fan though and fukk with Chess records heavy ........

Never been into funk or jazz but I really enjoyed this album....... live instrumentation + paying homage to South Africa :madiba:

All that matters is critical acclaim, awards and commercial success:pharrell:

N!gga We gonn be aaaaaaaaaaaaaalright :wiz:

eerieBell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da Magnolia
Would be interested in seeing the product credits.
I can hear lots of Terrence Martin, DJ Quik, Rapahel Saddiq and a bit of Dr Dre.

No DJ Quik according to wikipedia. Also no Dre production but there's his vocals on Wesley's Theory.

Boi1da should've been on the album more than that one track.

TheSpook

Banned
Daps
Word.

I like J.Cole but Kendrick is so miles ahead of him it's not even funny. Cole is three albums in and has progressed so little, while Kendrick went from S80 to GKMC and now to TPAB.

He gave his fans and his critics exactly what they wanted with FHD, but that shyt still ain't a classic. He tried riding the pro black wave, but his ideas concerning blackness and race relations are on some naive basic shyt. What did he really say in that album? shyt was about hoes, fame and rapping at the end of the day like all his albums before that. Kendrick's comments regarding Ferguson were :huhldup:, but he actually made race a main focus of his album and came through with some substance.

I don't even really fukk with the album like that (jazz and spoken word is not for me), but you have to appreciate the growth he showed with the project. People wanted a GKMC 2 and he didn't give it to them which takes a lot of courage as an artist.
What pro black substance dud fake bro black Kendrick have? Give me some hard hitting lines of thus content while you got so much bullshyt talk for Cole. you nikkas are so attached to certain guys you'll lie to yourselves.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
They're definitely forcing themselves to like those cringeworthy interludes at the very least.

If ANY OTHER rapper put some shyt like that on their album, whole threads would be made to clown them.
Why are you so conflicted with what everyone else thinks. Chatty Patty ass nikka
dame.png

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
This album dropped and quite literally overnight, nikkas in the Booth have turned into funk/jazz connoisseurs :mjlol:

Yeah...you went from bumpin Gucci, Ross, and Drake....now all of a sudden you're dusting off Miles Coltrane and Parliament-Funkadelic records to appreciate songs Kendrick don't even sound comfortable on

Not saying it's not possible....but for YOU nikkaS? :laff:

There may not be an objective opinion on this album from this subforum until April-May :wow:

I've actually been listening to a lot of Jazz lately in the weeks leading up to this album and I ain't bumpin Ross, Drake or Gucci :manny:

I've actually been feeling conflicted with rap as of late with all of this shyt happening in Ferguson and nikkas getting murdered left and right, so much that I really haven't been able to listen to shyt like I have in the past because it just don't connect with me anymore. And I started to delve deep into more conscious, soulful and jazzy music to fit my vibe. That's why I'm so grateful for this album because it came at a time where I really needed it.:mjcry:Along with making my own shyt, It's crazy how much my musical taste is developing at only age 22. :wow:

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps

:dead: