WOAT
Supporter
Daps
King Kunta baseline

boosie.gif

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Had a chance to sleep on it, and woke up and threw it on again with no distractions

It's good. It starts off sorta slow, then really picks up around "These Walls" for me. I marginally enjoyed the production more, though production doesn't really do much for me anymore, that jazzy, hazy, smooth (I guess, I hate when people use that word for some reason) type of production that is throughout. That doesn't mean that I don't appreciate it though, there is a lot of interesting things musically going on here. I just not super enjoyable for me.

And I've only been through it a couple of times, but it definitely reminds me of Lupe's album in that it's an ambitious work that I'll acknowledge is laudable in its scope and desire for artistry, but I've been down these roads before, this isn't my first rodeo. I already know I'm not gonna be listening to it a month from now, and that's just being real. Conceptually, musically, it's a step towards growth, but I know deep down there's very little here that will keep me coming back. Honestly the same thing happened with GKMC, I really only rarely listen to the songs that made a personal impression on me (Swimming Pools, Real, Money Trees).

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
TBH, Blacker The Berry seems a little out of place on here. Might've been better served as a bonus track (AND WITH THE GODDAMN UNTITLED COLBERT TRACK IN ITS PLACE THIS WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY fukk fukk fukk)

Sorry, had to speak in angrish for a sec. Still holding out hope that it comes out of nowhere as a bonus track.
I can see them dropping it as a stand alone track like how they did with Cartoons and Cereal. I added Cartoons and Cereal to my version of Good Kid, MAAD City and I'll probably add the Colbert track to To Pimp a Butterfly if they ever release it.