Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Can't even fully appreciate the album until you listen to Mortal Man and then go in for that second listen:wow:

Up here at the Pep Boys straight groovin

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in order of preference

1) how much a dollar cost-5/5
2) mortal man-5/5
3) hood politics-5/5
4) alright-5/5
5) u-5/5
6) blacker the berry-5/5
7) momma -4.5/5
8) these walls -4/5
9) institutionalsed-4/5
10) complexion-4/5
11) u aint gotta lie-4/5
12) king kunta-4/5
13) wesleys theory-4/5
14) i-3/5

thats 9.3 /10 when the math is done, from me brehs to be precise, 4.65 mics but we rounding it out to a 5 cause im sure the weaker tracks will grow on me. they cant all be ether my head mihta exploded.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
thoughts off of first listen.....great album.
the music is beautiful to the point Kendrick is an afterthought at certain times.

Wesley's Theory
Institutionalized
These Walls
Alright
For Sale (Interlude)
Hood Politics
How Much A Dollar Cost
Complexion
Blacker The Berry
You Ain't Gotta Lie (Momma Said)

are all :banderas:

he ruined For Free with his goofy scatting...was sounding lovely until he came in.
u, i'm not feeling the switch up in the voice..its detriment to the song for me.
Momma, is a good song and i love the beat but i feel it deserved better.
i, i like this version way more.
Mortal Man is nice way to finish the album, the poem but that Pac stuff is a no no for me.

the Pac stuff might resonate with a lot of people and i respect what he was trying to do with it but i don't care for it.

"Pac....Pac....:sadcam:" ......:francis:....fukk outta here :mjlol:

overall he had a vision and he executed it to the best he could and it really is a great piece of music.
made a John Singleton movie with his first go, a Spike Lee joint with his second.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
thoughts off of first listen.....great album.
the music is beautiful to the point Kendrick is an afterthought at certain points.

Wesley's Theory
Institutionalized
These Walls
Alright
For Sale (Interlude)
Hood Politics
How Much A Dollar Cost
Complexion
Blacker The Berry
You Ain't Gotta Lie (Momma Said)

are all :banderas:

he ruined For Free with his goofy scatting...was sounding lovely until he came in.
u, i'm not feeling the switch up in the voice..its detriment tot he song for me.
Momma, is a good song and i love the beat but i feel it deserved better.
i, i like this version way more.
Mortal Man is nice way to finish the album, the poem but that Pac stuff is a no no for me.

the Pac stuff might be resonate with a lot of people and i respect what he was trying to do with it but i don't care for it.

"Pac....Pac....:sadcam:" ......:francis:....fukk outta here :mjlol:

overall he had a vision and he executed it to the best he could and it really is a great piece of music.
made a John Singleton movie with his first go, a Spike Lee joint with his second.
Well respectful written review :ehh:

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
The album is everything I expected it to be. I love it. There's a few moments around the middle of the album that will take time to adjust to. I love the content but Kendrick's voice on "u" can be kind of distracting. Other than that, the album was great imo. My favorite tracks are Wesley's Theory, King Kunta, These Walls, The Blacker the Berry and Mortal Man.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
TBH, Blacker The Berry seems a little out of place on here. Might've been better served as a bonus track (AND WITH THE GODDAMN UNTITLED COLBERT TRACK IN ITS PLACE THIS WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY fukk fukk fukk)

Sorry, had to speak in angrish for a sec. Still holding out hope that it comes out of nowhere as a bonus track.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
as for people using this album to mention and slight Drake, to me it should be J. Cole they should looking at like :francis: after this album.

:yeshrug:

Well respectful written review :ehh:

i'm not a big review guy or usually this was quick to give my thoughts after hearing it one time but the album caught me from the get go.
after hearing it for the first time and as someone who was, i wouldn't say worried but i was quite skeptical after hearing the three songs from it..i have to say, he delivered.