Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
snoop should just retire after his appearance on this album. best shyt he has done in years. perfect way to go out. :wow:

please don't do anymore whack shyt with wiz. :flabbynsick: go out on top breh.

i want a hood politics remix with killer mike too and jay rock.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Gave it a non-thorough listen

First impression is that I was turned off in the beginning, but once the shock wore off I was feeling it quite a bit

The Good:
--Musical variety
--No annoying voice from studio "i"
--A true album
--No bad tracks, just some lesser ones

The Bad:
--"For Free" ruined by Kendrick
--The 3K and Slick Rick impersonating on "Institutionalized" (good song though)
--"i" live version is much better than studio but sounds ridiculously out of place sonically on such a well mixed and mastered album
EDIT: I somewhat retract this statement. Sonically it is fine, I don't think its a real live version, I think he recorded it in a studio with a live feel and intentional messed up vocals. I think the real reason it feels out of place is just the mood doesn't fit the album. But fukk it, at least I like it now

I don't have strong feelings either way but I definitely think its going to be a great album once I get a second listen and lose the expectations

FYI dummies....this album doesn't have to be better than GKMC to be great. GKMC is this generations best Hip Hop album. It doesn't have to be topped.

Last edited:

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
FYI dummies....this album doesn't have to be better than GKMC to be great. GKMC is this generations best Hip Hop album. It doesn't have to be topped.

i wish we have more young rappers like Kendrick tho :mjcry:

the death of Capital Steez didn't help:mjcry: