Kendrick Lamar- The Pop Out Ken and Friends Concert in Los Angeles June 19th

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:picard:The Drake subreddit is in complete shambles…
icegif-1399.gif

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People have to remember that TheColi has several posters completely divorced from reality.
:pachaha:
I do music.
I go to networking events.
I meet all kinds of young people (early to mid 30s and down, right to the TEENS)
that really, REALLY fukk with all kinds of Hip-Hop. :pachaha:

I'm talking about one day they're listening to Kodak Black and Playboi Carti, the next they're
listening to EARL and Tyler The Creator and the music they make is a fukking Boombap throwback.

These same young people I've met (people younger than me, 20s and teens) LOVE Kendrick and J. Cole.
Like TO THEM that's really Jay-Z/Nas/DMX/Eminem-tier. You gotta understand those are THEIR heroes.
And if their aim is to be a spitter THAT'S who they're emulating.

And these aren't nobodies I'm talkin' about that are just doing open mics or some shyt.
Y'all have posted these kids PARENTS on here, their CHILDHOOD FRIENDS and MENTORS on here. :pachaha:
They're talking to record execs at Def Jam and Stones Throw and shyt like I'm watching this shyt happen IN REAL TIME.

So when I come on TheColi and I'm seeing "No one listens such and such IRL" or whatever and they're
getting 30 million+ listeners on SPOTIFY ALONE that's when I realize you can't take them too serious man. :pachaha:

Dudes will be like "TDE is a lil bum label, SZA ain't even poppin' like Michel'le in the "Real World" ." :aicmon:

And fukking SZA ALONE is getting 70 milli+ listeners in a MONTH

Culture shaping music labels get called "bunk" and "Not that big". :laff:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Man I would feel some type of way about people broadcasting where I live in THIS day and age. People - especially fans - are too damn ridiculous.
I think real estate are all public transactions so it’s not like they can fight it anyway

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I think real estate are all public transactions so it’s not like they can fight it anyway
No, I'm aware of that.

I'm sayin, people making videos like the one posted.

It takes effort to search property records for a given city or county. If somebody is that hellbent on finding out where you live, they'll do it. But "celebrity watching" isn't public record.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
That crowd was going word for word to Dom Kennedy and Problem songs that came out more than a decade ago. Shoreline Mafia songs for a few years ago had people singing too. What an amazing example of why supporting regional sounds and waves via radio play and going to shows matters so much. So many cities right now are getting fukked over by iHeart programming where the playlist is the same no matter where you go. I get that Drake, Future, etc are gonna be played everywhere. As they should since they have hits. But you cannot allow the radio to ONLY play that shyt or you end up with cultures dying. Think about how homogenized slang is right now due to radio pushing the same artists. Draco, pushing p, slime...you got no business saying that shyt if you're from...Ohio lol.

The west has their own slang, own fashion (lmao @ YG's outfits...), own local legends, etc. We need to go back to every city having a dominant flavor.