Kendrick Lamar - Not Like Us (Official Music Video)

Revolutionary

All Star
Daps
I indeed remember the Eminem vs Lil Wayne question in a 2015 interview in which Kendrick clearly said Wayne wasn't talented enough for an Eminem comparison. He said Wayne had major influence on artists from the previous era, but he wasn't good enough as a rapper and Eminem was therefore an obvious pick.
I found it odd at that time but it makes sense in retrospect.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Wtf am I reading...you know someone lacks musical knowledge when he brings Wayne in Kendrick's current influences.
While it's true young kendrick was a Lil Wayne fan, even rapped over his beats on mixtape, he definitely abandoned anything wayne related in his music as soon as he started making major albums.
You don’t get current Kendrick without early influences as it helped mold who he is today. “Abandoning” your influence as a rapper isn’t possible. A lot of that weird voice shyt is derived from Wayne, even if he sounds nothing like him today

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Kendrick would never diss Wayne btw. Not because he doesn’t think he can beat him in a battle. But because something like that most likely never crossed his mind. He respects Wayne way too much to send even a sub his way. Shyt Kendrick probably a bigger Wayne fan than Drake. He’s not one of those people (myself included) who began listening to him around Carter 2, or Carter 3 either.

Nothing will come of this anyway. It’s not really a big deal. It’s probably as simple as Wayne just wanting to make a reference to NLU (because it’s so popular) and transition it into The Motto (which is a bay area type song). But also while not disrespecting Drake because why wouldn’t he still rock with (or side with) his successor?

Daps
Idk if it was posted already but apparently they played it at the Kids Choice Awards (not positive it’s real yet, only vid I’ve seen :hubie:)

Last edited:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Nah, he's right, kdot stopped being a Wayne supporter few years after signing to Aftermath. He started giving more respect to Eminem

Kdot was a wayne fan when growing up, but once he signed to Aftermath, its quite clear it was over. There has been multiple posts about this tbh

There has been a clear shift in Kendrick's sound as well. You don't hear the Wayne influence anymore. The fact Kendrick himself mentionned Wayne in NLU kinda tells you everything, he didn't care lol
This is cap :mjlol:

Kendrick literally has songs with this man and got drunk begging wayne to keep rapping when he was talking about retiring :dead:

Where you think the "no!" meme comes from? :russ:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Wtf am I reading...you know someone lacks musical knowledge when he brings Wayne in Kendrick's current influences.
While it's true young kendrick was a Lil Wayne fan, even rapped over his beats on mixtape, he definitely abandoned anything wayne related in his music as soon as he started making major albums.
Cap. Alien voices are Wayne 😂😂

Rapping and singing is because of Wayne.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Drake's checks are the only bread Wayne got coming in
He sold his publishing for 100M+ and won the lawsuit from Bird/Universal. It dont matter how much he eat off drake :yeshrug:
Plus he makes money touring and shyt and probably do well with it. Essence offered him 2M to perform. He turned it down and did a lil set for free.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
He sold his publishing for 100M+ and won the lawsuit from Bird/Universal. It dont matter how much he eat off drake :yeshrug:
Plus he makes money touring and shyt and probably do well with it. Essence offered him 2M to perform. He turned it down and did a lil set for free.
His tours are doing well?