Singles Kendrick Lamar - Not Like Us (Drake Diss)

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
It's impossible to explain to them what's happening. At first they said track was trash, then they said it was just Kendrick stans hyping it up, then they said it was bots, now they want to blame some grand conspiracy for Drake's downfall. All the while Not Like Us is going number one.

It's the simplicity, humor which at times makes the song sound like a parody, the west coast beat, but still having depth in that 3rd verse and then ending it the track the way he did is what makes it great.

Are you my friend?
77f489f09139225f496b288d98596482-1.png

Are we locked in?
77f489f09139225f496b288d98596482-1.png

Nas packed up Jay with

"whiskers like a rat"
"dikk sucking lips"
"gay-z and cockafella"
"taeBo Hoe" (that shyt is still hilarious)
"JJ Evans"
"Camel"
etc

now all of a sudden diss tracks are supposed to be 100% complex display of lyricism and double entendres in every bar... :mjlol:

:camby: Can we get back to the jokes now? Damn...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
drake doesn't have a soul :unimpressed:

the people who are still defending him can't tell that drake doesn't put his soul into his music because the audience themselves never had a soul since birth or sold, dampened, or compromised their own soul for some material possessions and fame for them to even tell the difference

rap nerds be talking about bars and lyrics when drake didn't even write that shyt to even emphasize the right words to hit correctly on the punchlines to mean what he said, ole karaoke ass marionette

drake doesn't stand on any social issues and is just self-contrived about his narcissistic tendencies for you frauds to vicariously live your life through his pretentious lifestyle, acting 'cool' but not actually being cool because only lames go through the motions but can't tell the difference. he's a herb making herb music - no soul food whatsoever.

kendrick has repeatable lines because he means that shyt and damn near his entire last album was him trying to remove generational trauma from broken households, simple as that. you don't even have to mention how kendrick's songs definitively belong on certain albums with a thesis without playing the guessing game like drake's singles repeating the same tropes on his last 4 albums

drake's music is spitting the backwash saliva from other rappers' mouths as his own wordplay :scust: like mother birds feeding their chicklings or chewing up food for the elderly without jaw muscles or dentures, upchucking reprocessed nutrients for his audience to then suckle on his words as if they're 'sacred' :dame:

there's no vulnerability or behind the scenes thought patterns of self doubt, trials and tribulations, or real self expression to make drake palpable as a complete person because he's just a regurgitator of someone else's art and creativity and moreless recycles the same glossed over hits based on existing reference tracks and trend-hopping

drake doesn't bring anything new to the genre outside of using his namesake and popularity to propel the music of some unknown underground artists to the forefront while obscuring the credits, with his audience too shallow or numb to even know or care why making music is important as a soul exercise to express oneself, and isn't just about fame or monetary gains just to flaunt material possessions as some superficial status for fans to be envious of or pretend to like him just to 'fit in' as some popular placeholder to admire. a true artist's soul is to detach from their previous work and create anew because it's in their nature

drake is a glorified cover band, at best, whose goal is to formulaically follow the methodical lines and steps of pick up artists, to mechanically win the hearts of those with low self esteem, but don't actually have any natural game himself to win the shyt tests of real women and the fans who know better, and have to resort to feeling powerful with younger girls who haven't matured yet to tell the difference. he's getting clowned and dragged because his basic brainrot can't handle or recover, compared to having the callouses of someone who actually put in work at the gym and became a real bully and not shortcut his way through surgeries and diet pills to look aesthetically better but struggle-fest with an imposter syndrome identity crisis inside. money can't buy authenticity and he's basically a toddler behind the steering wheel of a sports car -- he's going to wreck that shyt because his whole rap persona is a facade and that flunky didn't earn any of his accolades legit with ghostwriters feeding him all the answers
:why: bruh?

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Nas packed up Jay with

"whiskers like a rat"
"dikk sucking lips"
"gay-z and cockafella"
"JJ Evans"
"Camel"
etc

now all of a sudden diss tracks are supposed to be 100% complex display of lyricism and double entendres in every bar... :mjlol:

'll still whip your ass, you thirty-six in a karate class?
You Tae-Bo ho, tryna work it out, you tryna get brolic?
:dead:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Nas packed up Jay with

"whiskers like a rat"
"dikk sucking lips"
"gay-z and cockafella"
"JJ Evans"
"Camel"
etc

Yea cause that's all that was said. Lol.

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
Damn some of these old heads going out sad.

It’s not even about Drake, they don’t even like him. It’s because kdot is getting more praise than their goats. Trying to tag Kendrick’s jabs as juvenile as if Ether and Hit ‘Em Up was lyrical mastery. Nas and Pac are my top 2 btw.

What they don’t recognize is Kendrick has always done things the correct way. No fukkboy shyt, paid homage, no ghostwriters, no dirty antics and been true to the art form (which is supposedly the main thing for old heads). But now y’all jealous huh?

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
It's over if Forbes is talking about it

This is what's really killing Aubrey inside. Because he tried desperately to drop bangers with pushups and family matters and people just don't fukk with em. He tried different styles and sounds all through the battle and they all flopped.

He gotta be confused as hell right now. Prolly has zero idea what to do next. Especially knowing Kendrick might have something ready and could smash him again. His pride wants him to keep going but it could end up even worse if he does. That pedo gotta be spiraling right now :mjcry:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

You know the sentiment of certain major figures from that time was that Ether was some simple, juvenile bars and Nas wasn't talking about anything. Including shyt people just laughed at (36 in a karate class). It was compared to playing the dozens.

I'm not saying I agree with the Hov stans who say that shyt but it was definitely debated and some of the most memorable bars on there are simple as fukk. You don't need elaborate bars in a rap battle. Which is ironically why I said multiple times on The Coli that Drake could potentially hold his own against Kendrick in a battle 5-10 years ago. I thought Drake would be the clever, funny one and Kendrick would be trying to out-bar or rappity rap. Instead Kendrick is doing the clever, funny shyt and it's working.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
You know the sentiment of certain major figures from that time was that Ether was some simple, juvenile bars and Nas wasn't talking about anything. Including shyt people just laughed at (36 in a karate class). It was compared to playing the dozens.

I'm not saying I agree with the Hov stans who say that shyt but it was definitely debated and some of the most memorable bars on there are simple as fukk. You don't need elaborate bars in a rap battle. Which is ironically why I said multiple times on The Coli that Drake could potentially hold his own against Kendrick in a battle 5-10 years ago. I thought Drake would be the clever, funny one and Kendrick would be trying to out-bar or rappity rap. Instead Kendrick is doing the clever, funny shyt and it's working.
I guess. Lol.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

bruh imma keep it real, I'm only skimming through most of your posts bc your takes have been wild since Drake got his yarmulke smacked. So I'd be lying if I said I could quote exactly what u said.

Every time I see your name pop you are throwing dirt on the Kendrick records for the sake of "objectivity"

Drake lost ...no amount of mental exercises or contrarian takes will change that.