Singles Kendrick Lamar - Not Like Us (Drake Diss)

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Kendrick says Drake “did Cole foul” bc he dissed him on Push ups, right

My personal theory is that he believes Drake did Cole foul on First Person Shooter, the song he allegedly also wanted Kendrick on.

peep the video and watch from beginning to end. The construction is two peers going head to head in battle, by the second half of the video, J Cole is curiously absent and a statue of Drake is unveiled before a crowd of celebrating.

I don't think we gotta put on tinfoil hats to see how the optics of this begs some questions.

Imo, Drake wanted to pull the other 2 of the "big three" into the song and basically lil bro them with their assistance and Kendrick saw the play from a mile away.

:francis:

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Homie still doubled down calling us some slaves"

After

"Whipped and chained you like American slaves" :martin:He asked for it
I think a lot of people aren't realizing that there's precedent for this prior to Family Matters and that this is the second time he said something about slaves that could be looked at sideways.

Good angle by Kendrick even if you think Drake didn't mean anything by it. The outsider who is way too comfortable, colonizer angle was super strong,

"It's what the cultures feelin"

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl

My personal theory is that he believes Drake did Cole foul on First Person Shooter, the song he allegedly also wanted Kendrick on.

peep the video and watch from beginning to end. The construction is two peers going head to head in battle, by the second half of the video, J Cole is curiously absent and a statue of Drake is unveiled before a crowd of celebrating.

I don't think we gotta put on tinfoil hats to see how the optics of this begs some questions.

Imo, Drake wanted to pull the other 2 of the "big three" into the song and basically lil bro them with their assistance and Kendrick saw the play from a mile away.

:francis:

Yep, and say I got yall a number 1 song. Easy play.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah that’s a reach. Kendrick was talking about his mom dealing with domestic violence on top of being molested as a child.

Apparently Kendrick’s mother didn’t believe him when he said that his cousin didn’t molest him. Everybody kept asking him that bc they thought he was lying and I, like drake, interpreted that as him having trouble dealing with that trauma as he was indeed molested by his cousin

I think Kendrick was being vague on purpose. Maybe Whitney told him that he needed therapy bc he kept cheating on her or maybe it was something else. I think it’s left up to interpretation by the listener purposely

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah that’s a reach. Kendrick was talking about his mom dealing with domestic violence on top of being molested as a child.

Apparently Kendrick’s mother didn’t believe him when he said that his cousin didn’t molest him. Everybody kept asking him that bc they thought he was lying and I, like drake, interpreted that as him having trouble dealing with that trauma as he was indeed molested by his cousin

I think Kendrick was being vague on purpose. Maybe Whitney told him that he needed therapy bc he kept cheating on her or maybe it was something else. I think it’s left up to interpretation by the listener purposely
The tweet is bringing up the fact that Drake misinterpreted the song in one key part, Kendrick wasn't molested. He said he wasn't molested, that he was telling the truth when denying it to his mother and he later found out that his mom was paranoid because she was molested. I don't think he was vague at all.

Family ties, they accused my cousin, "Did he touch you, Kendrick?"
Never lied, but no one believed me when I said "He didn't"
Frozen moments, still holdin' on it, hard to trust myself

I think the tweet is asking if Drake misinterpreted that part of the song, could he have misinterpreted the line about his queen being black and blue and thought he was talking about Whitney, and not his mom.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The tweet is bringing up the fact that Drake misinterpreted the song in one key part, Kendrick wasn't molested. He said he wasn't molested, that he was telling the truth when denying it to his mother and he later found out that his mom was paranoid because she was molested. I don't think he was vague at all.

Family ties, they accused my cousin, "Did he touch you, Kendrick?"
Never lied, but no one believed me when I said "He didn't"
Frozen moments, still holdin' on it, hard to trust myself

I think the tweet is asking if Drake misinterpreted that part of the song, could he have misinterpreted the line about his queen being black and blue and thought he was talking about Whitney, and not his mom.

Yeah. I thought that was pretty clear that he was taking about his mom’s face being black and blue after she was abused. Which is why his uncle got revenge.

I don’t really care to go too deep into that molestation part. Clearly most people took what he said at face value