Singles Kendrick Lamar - Not Like Us (Drake Diss)

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
I agree with you about Kenny playing it well but I disagree with you on Drake's strategy. I think he expected Kenny to drop a song talking about his "daughter" (meet the grahams) and he fed him false info in order to bait him into doing it.

If Drake releases "family matters", Kenny releases "the grahams" and half the song is about a person who don't exist due to Drake manipulating him with false info, then there was an argument to be made that it was close. That was MY argument.

Kenny knew that too. Which was why he was compelled to drop another track. Because he knew that the grahams wasn't the headshot he intended for it to be, the headshot that it WOULD have been if Drake had indeed been hiding another child.

Kendrick had to adapt on the fly. Drake needs to do that too.
I'm willing to that road, but I also don't think he expected it 30 minutes after he dropped "Family Matters". Kendrick already took the general perception away from "Family Matters" when he dropped a track right after. That's just based off polling and general interest. Even thread wise, both songs have more clicks.

As for the content, the daughter is not the only allegation that Kendrick had, just like Drake-- who had far more than Kendrick beating Whitney. Eventually, they both have to come up with receipts for the shyt they said or just keep it rap.

I always figured Dot would drop something else after Meet The Grahams as well. When I heard "Back to Back, I like that record" I figured it was him alluding to doing something like this. He dropped three tracks in like 36 hours. He said on this one that he has way more in the tuck. Drake used the same strategy for Meek, but when he tried it on Push, it didn't work as well. He even tried it here and lets face it, "Taylor Made Freestyle" didn't hit as hard and the AI was poor taste.

But again, going with your narrative, I still don't think Drake expected this that's why he can't really adapt. He basically did the same thing he always did and this is a beef that's been brewing for 11 years at this point. He had to come with a new strategy off-rip because Kendrick is probably as close as popular to him than anyone else, there's interest on both sides so he can't even do the "I got more views" shyt that he did with Push.
The biggest change he had here was he dropped a video with this one which I think he saw as an easy way to control the narrative of everything and get a leg up on Kendrick. False info or not, Drake's not taking a vacation if he didn't think this was 100% the knockout.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/1
I just kno Kendrick at the crib waiting on BBL Drizzy like:

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GM1IvVuWUAAlnjY.jpg

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Joe Budden saying Drake should ignore Kendrick like Drake ignored him is why Joe continues to completely lack self awareness...:pachaha:

For Joe to even try to compare the two situations is shows he lives in his own world of delusion.

During that time Joe was chasing down kids in a dirty wife beater looking completely burnt...doing his pod sweating profusely and damn near popping blood vessels talking about Drake.

Aubrey could ignore Joe because Joe was coming across as a clown, like he always does.

Besides that, it's too late to play the "its too beneath me to respond" card when you've already jumped out there going at Kendrick multiple times already.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps