Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You sure are :russ:How do any of these people need Drake?

Apart from meek...he could probably do with a feature right now:lolbron:

I guess this is where Drake acts like everyone is jealous of him and wants his spot:mjlol:

Most these dudes have they own lane that they are very succesful in. And he invited himself into Futures lane,which absolutely nobody asked for:scust:

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
It'll be interesting to see how this is discussed in the years to come because it's obvious but he's still hot so it doesn't really matter yet/nobody willing to analyze it now.

Spoiler: it’s not gonna be that interesting at all.

It’s the year of our lord, 2024. Drake’s been a dominant figure in hip for 15 YEARS, singularly dominant for like a good solid decade of that 15. Rap smarks online have been “analyzing” it the entire time. But one thing being officially :flabbynsick: has taught me after watching decades of this shyt play out, is that vocal “popularity backlash” contrarian dissent doesn’t get louder over time, it gets largely forgotten about.

Long story short, whenever it is that Drake is no longer hot, that “discussion” is going to amount to basically “he was the definitive rapper of his era”. The guy that’s supposed to be his biggest competitor in that regard has thrown down the gauntlet after a decade of subliminal back and forth and officially challenged him in a song…and what’s supposed to be the big knockout line of the diss is an acknowledgment that Drake is the Michael Jackson, largely considered the hands down greatest music act in modern music, of their generation of rap

Not that I’m expecting anyone to stop going through the motions in real time…we still got muhfukkas doing it in the coliseum with Lebron in season 21…debating what some game or series against Steph is gonna mean for his “legacy” :mjlol:. I just find it funny people genuinely think after decades and it’s all said and done and he retires and walks into the Hall of Shame…all of a sudden the consensus is switch to “actually you know what…he REALLY WAS a bum”

Last edited:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Spoiler: it’s not gonna be that interesting at all.

It’s the year of our lord, 2024. Drake’s been a dominant figure in hip for 15 YEARS, singularly dominant for like a good solid decade of that 15. Rap smarks online have been “analyzing” it the entire time. But one thing being officially :flabbynsick: has taught me after watching decades of this shyt play out, is that vocal “popularity backlash” contrarian dissent doesn’t get louder over time, it gets largely forgotten about.

Long story short, whenever it is that Drake is no longer hot, that “discussion” is going to amount to basically “he was the definitive rapper of his era”. The guy that’s supposed to be his biggest competitor in that regard has thrown down the gauntlet after a decade of subliminal back and forth and officially challenged him in a song…and what’s supposed to be the big knockout line of the diss is an acknowledgment that Drake is the Michael Jackson, largely considered the hands down greatest music act in modern music, of their generation of rap

Not that I’m expecting anyone to stop going through the motions in real time…we still got muhfukkas doing it in the coliseum with Lebron in season 21…debating what some game or series against Steph is gonna mean for his “legacy” :mjlol:. I just find it funny people genuinely think after decades and it’s all said and done and he retires and walks into the Hall of Shame…all of a sudden the consensus is switch to “actually you know what…he REALLY WAS a bum”
Damn you even came back for seconds after gobbling Drizzy up earlier :laff: