Kendrick Lamar - Like That (Drake & J. Cole Diss) (Produced Metro Boomin) (fukk A Big 3 & Remember Prince Outlived Mike Jack)

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They also were on record criticizing each other at the time, they had a legit rivalry.

“I don’t like to be compared to Prince at all,” Michael Jackson reportedly said in an audio interview while working on his 1988 Moonwalk memoir. Jackson’s alleged comments never made the final edit of the book, but were unearthed by The Daily Mirror, following Prince’s death in 2016. “I have proven myself since I was real little,” added Jackson. “He feels like he’s my opponent. I hope he changes because, boy, he’s gonna get hurt. He’s the type that might commit suicide or something.”

I remember reading that one of Warner's execs said Prince asked him how can he surpass MJ. He said why don't you just work with Quincy Jackson, and Prince got pissed and left his office mad lol. And then he dropped Purple Rain.
:wow:
Media made up/twisted/manipulated most of their so called quarrel :mjlol: . They were tight behind the scenes.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Media made up/twisted/manipulated most of their so called quarrel :mjlol: . They were tight behind the scenes.

Morris Day, Quincy Jones and others have talked about it. It's not some media phantom nor is it surprising. They were elite artists who had commercial peaks in the 80s and were highly competitive. And it's pretty in line with how a lot of artists on the top react to each other historically. Mick Jagger called the Beatles a simple pop band. Aretha Franklin said or did wild shyt to multiple women singers (and Luther Vandross). That shyt happens every decade with big artists.

Midwest

Hanging em up
Daps
Reppin
80's babies
A lot of you slow mothafukkas need to go back to the basement dwelling sub forums. Yall have no clue how to critically think or poorly interpret anything rap related. This storm has been brewing for almost a decade we are finally here!! lol y’all caught up with the prince\Mj line… lord have mercy scram please 😂

Last edited:

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not a fan of Kendrick's music because I think he's actually boring, BUT I have to give him mad props for keepin' HipHop competitive. Not on no street beef, but strictly bars. After dropping "Control" and now this against Cole and Drake, I must say I'm impressed. And if Drake or better yet Cole actually respond, then it's going to be :blessed:

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Drake ain't been putting out nothing BUT weed plates

Because there more recent that's better?
tbh i wouldnt use a drake album to break up my bud. might get some bytch sprinkles on it. :wrist:

cant believe dude from degrassi basically runs rap. shyt is SO corny

Daps
Morris Day, Quincy Jones and others have talked about it. It's not some media phantom nor is it surprising. They were elite artists who had commercial peaks in the 80s and were highly competitive. And it's pretty in line with how a lot of artists on the top react to each other historically. Mick Jagger called the Beatles a simple pop band. Aretha Franklin said or did wild shyt to multiple women singers (and Luther Vandross). That shyt happens every decade with big artists.
Aretha had Etta James and other women pissed cause she'd do covers of their songs (or songs that they also covered) that were their signatures and shytted all over it lmfao. The game is the game.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Also Drake can’t say Baby Keem is trash because theres interview saying he likes Keem ls music.
And Jay bigger up Nas on every album leading up to Takeover. shyt can get thrown out the window
Jewish guy dissing a Hebrew Israelite will start some other shyt :russ:

Don't think he's ever talked about being pipolar other than on some Gemini rapping shyt. He already talked about his drinking in TPAB, damn near 10 years ago

Wasn't 5 years writer block, album was supposed to come out in 2020, there's pictures of him shooting the video for N95 then, album got pushed back for COVID

No one is going to let him take credit for GKMC:stopitslime:
Ain’t no real Hebrew Israelite dropping a song like auntie diaries

We gotta stop this shyt

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Why would Drake give af ? Stake gives him $100 m per year - his albums never flop

At most you’ll get a subliminal towards Future over some chick but a direct response to Kendrick won’t do anything
You the one that brought up quality bruh

Typical Drake stan, changing goalposts