Kendrick Lamar is "Welvin Da Great" in the new Taylor Swift Music Video

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, that was random. As far as modern feminism, as a dude I have no problem calling myself a feminist, but it also kind of irks me how it is framed in terms of just white women and also how pop stars like Taylor Swift use it conveniently as a promotional and reinvention tool.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Yeah, that was random. As far as modern feminism, as a dude I have no problem calling myself a feminist, but it also kind of irks me how it is framed in terms of just white women and also how pop stars like Taylor Swift use it conveniently as a promotional and reinvention tool.

Is just me or do White feminist issues don't seem to be a big deal as other issues?

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
Release a Black consciousness album, and then do a video and guest spot supporting white modern day feminism. I ain't gonna call him a c00n for that sh!t, as that's a term thrown around way too much, but this generation man :francis:. He's a new Black though I guess :mjlol:

Ridiculous statement. Kendrick didn't suddenly stop caring about Black people just because he spit a couple verses for Taylor Swift, nor does it make the feelings expressed on TPAB disingenuous.

We still taking Azealia Banks seriously at this point? Anything she said during her little militant run was totally discredited after she did her naked Playboy spot, among other things.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Is just me or do White feminist issues don't seem to be a big deal as other issues?
It's not even just that, but like we say stuff like women get paid 76 cents for every man ignoring the fact that is in reference to white women and a black women would get half of that. Or like Taylor Swift says something completely in accurate like "men who show emotion are considered strong and for women it's considered a weakness," as a means to of basically reshaping how she's perceived because of her childish break up anthems. It just looks like a promotional tool and that people have grasped onto something real being felt by women across the nation and the world to champion their less significant causes. Like Maggie Gyllenhal I'm sorry that a director told you that you were too old to play the lead female love interest at 37 bu you looked too old to play that shyt at 22. :scust:

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not even just that, but like we say stuff like women get paid 76 cents for every man ignoring the fact that is in reference to white women and a black women would get half of that. Or like Taylor Swift says something completely in accurate like "men who show emotion are considered strong and for women it's considered a weakness," as a means to of basically reshaping how she's perceived because of her childish break up anthems. It just looks like a promotional tool and that people have grasped onto something real being felt by women across the nation and the world to champion their less significant causes. Like Maggie Gyllenhal I'm sorry that a director told you that you were too old to play the lead female love interest at 37 bu you looked too old to play that shyt at 22. :scust:
Gender wage gap is a myth.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
No it is not. It is just not as simple as people say it is.

I suppose we could go back and forth referencing articles that support our differences on the wage gap, but why bother. It is a myth, and your not going to convince me otherwise, however, I will concede that there are aspects of it that warrent concern. Still, it goes back to narratives. Its shortsighted, irresponsible, and intellectually dishonest to accept it as truth especially with the false narrative delivered by the white feminists. The same can be with their narratives on sexism, rape culture, misogyny, etc..

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps

White feminist issues arent a big deal because their issues tend to be myths, and ridiculous. Perpetual victims using false narratives in an effort to gain power. Most people recognize how ridiculous they are, and I think its very telling that most white women recognize it all as bull sh!t.

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
Koondrick was alright. The first verse started rly good but the rest was kinda meh. When ur a feature on a pop song like that, literally every line has to be a quotable and/or u gotta make ur flow as catchy as possible.

Kendrick kinda bought the quality of the song down tbh and if I was a Taylor Swift fan id be kinda pissed that dis vid ive been waitin so long on has dis midget rat lookin negro all over it :manny:

Probably, considering Drake has an incredible songwriting ability. His twist on it would've elevated it. No shame in admitting that.

UNDER fukkING RATED POSTS

a lot of people believe when a rap artist gets a big pop look they have to make shyt easy to digest for the pop market

when in reality when an artist get that big look they have to BRING IT

I told people after Drake dropped this verse and had people talking about the whole square root of 69 and his whole flow on the track he was going to be a staple in the pop world.

Not a Drake fan by far, but he knows when to bring it so when it comes to hip-hop getting a look in the pop world he is currently our best representer.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
UNDER fukkING RATED POSTS

a lot of people believe when a rap artist gets a big pop look they have to make shyt easy to digest for the pop market

when in reality when an artist get that big look they have to BRING IT

I told people after Drake dropped this verse and had people talking about the whole square root of 69 and his whole flow on the track he was going to be a staple in the pop world.

Not a Drake fan by far, but he knows when to bring it so when it comes to hip-hop getting a look in the pop world he is currently our best representer.

Right. Drake got to where he is partly due to him being on other rappers' songs, but I think a big part that people forget is that he was on TWO songs with Rihanna. Take Care and What's My Name were huge songs, I remember What's My Name being played on the radio constantly. So for a rapper to reach a bigger stage, they usually have to slightly cross over.

Now, this is where the term 'sell-out' becomes muddled, because I believe it's only selling out if the sole reason of doing it is for the sake of money, and not because you genuinely fukk with said pop artist. It also has to be something that the rapper in question would legitimately spit on, if the pop star were removed from the equation. So if Kendrick made a song with Katy Perry, he doesn't even genuinely like her music, and it's some typical Katy Perry-esque single, then that would be selling out (imo). Drake obviously genuinely fukks with Rihanna (not to mention, Rihanna being Hip-Hop affiliated..), so it works for him, and Kendrick apparently genuinely fukks with Taylor and vice versa, so it works there too.