Kendrick Lamar: “I could’ve EASILY made an Album of Radio Hits”

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
"I remember syrup sammiches and grandma allowances"
HUMBLE was hit brehs...

DNA

LOYALTY was a hit if I remember..it could've...Kendrick can make easy digestible songs if he wants....

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Again, you aint saying shyt. What song is that? Go look at his biggest streams, then compare them to Drake, Ye, Rihanna, Weekend, and the other contemporary stars he's compared with. Their "hits" shyt all over his in terms of streams and impact and its not close.

Rather than wait for your bullshyt excuses, I'll just put your sorry ass on ignore in advance :umad:
I think he’s talking about “Humble” that song did big numbers. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s somewhere close to diamond by now

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
of course he can
he's a pop rapper
he has more songs on Billboard Hot 100 than Nas ever did

GeeEffKay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well duh, just look at humble and the black panther songs like mentioned

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
I think he’s talking about “Humble” that song did big numbers. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s somewhere close to diamond by now

You probably right, that's his biggest hit. And I wouldn't consider that a mega-hit :yeshrug:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
All the singles from the Black Panther soundtrack and DAMN were hits lol

Literally.

I don't even take the quote as bragging. He's done it, it's easy to him. Dunno what the album sounded like when he made that quote months ago but he clearly had a general sense that this was not a radio album. I will say this though: the radio-esque songs on here are some of his weaker ones. Purple Hearts isn't bad but feels like it should be better. N95 is just wack to me outside of the hook...I feel like he prob recorded 20 bangers better than that over the last 5 years, dunno why he chose that one. I fukk with Silent Hill and Rich Spirit. Die Hard sounds like a hit.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"I remember syrup sammiches and grandma allowances"
HUMBLE was hit brehs...

DNA

LOYALTY was a hit if I remember..it could've...Kendrick can make easy digestible songs if he wants....

Humble went 7x plat, hit #1, was in the top 10 for 11 weeks

DNA 3x plat, hit #4

Love 4x plat, hit #11

Loyalty 3x plat, hit #14

Element plat, hit #16

Duckworth, XXX, Fear, Blood, Pride, Lust, Yah, God, Feel went Gold

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Don't see the hype round breh. Give me Lupe or old Roots albums. Que up Speed Law mos def