Kendrick Lamar - Euphoria (Drake Diss)

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
The wildest line is the "Know shyt about nikkas that make Gunna look..." line is serious and shyt I been saying.

He talking bout how J Prince been a federal and State informant since the fukking 80s. But talk like he some mob ass kingpin that got a gangsta code.:francis:

nikka mob ties is allowed by the govt.
Fam all them nikkas federal informants… J Prince, Puff, Trump, Nikki Barnes and all the big time kingpins who ran with impunity and the government never looked at them… even the nikkas Kenny running with like Top Dawg

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Entire board is dead. SOHH days are a wrap smh
So log out then nikka, nikkas like you and the ones that enter threads of rappers they don’t like confuse me. If you don’t fukk w a rapper why even enter a thread to let nikkas know? And why don’t you just log out, for good? :ld: Coli so ass but he got 10+ posts in this one thread :dead:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
People have a weird rose colored glasses way of remembering classic diss songs.

Even a song like Ether which is a top 5 diss song of all time unquestionably, isn't great because of individual lines. It's great because it's an onslaught on Jay that breaks down his character and dikkriding tendancies. There's no "you left out the G..." level mic drop lines on there.

This is why it reminds me of Ether....there's a lot of dope lines but the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I know that shyt made for uncomfortable listening for Drake which at the end of the day is what a diss song should do first and foremost.
I agree this is comparable to ether. Disses like hit em up, takeover no Vaseline were just straight forward fukk you, your gay, your fake , ill kill you, I'm more popular than you, I have more money than you, I have more hits than you....type of disses

Ether, like this song takes a passive aggressive approach in their attack. On one hand it's like kendrick saying hey dude it's not that serious your just not me, on the other end he fully disrespect drake personally and discredits his entire career. Then just like ether kendrick attempts to fukk with drake about things he figures a successful mix breed rap artist would struggle with. Then say things out loud you know everyone thinking but just don't say it.

When kendrick breaks down drake trying to fit in and his struggles with not being black enough, that was the equivalent to the scared to smile they called you ugly?

Kendrick and nas attempt to explain why these guys have a thing against women.

The talk about drake not knowing how father hood feels, that was his "what you think you getting girls now cause of your looks" moment.

So it's very comparable. Only difference is, I don't think the beat fits the impact of the diss. A better beat would have set this shyt off the rails. Whereas ether beat was fire and we knew it as soon as it came on.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Both Kendrick and Drake look goofy in this.
It's like they're making music to give youtubers content
Let's keep it 100. As much as I love Hit Em Up that shyt wouldn't have the same impact if it was released in today's social media era

• Dap
Reactions: DJK

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Oh yeah, this shyt is hard. Drake better keep that same energy and expand it. I'm tapped in now.

Red

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The way kendrick pronounces Aubury... Making it sound like I'll-bury/owl-bury, with that stupid owl logo OVO uses :wow:

s@n

All Star
Daps
Want to say thank you to the people who took the time out to explain some of the references on this track.

My out of the loop ass didn't understand alot of them lol

Now it makes the track sound that much better since I understand it now.
On some level, this is a problem. The bytch in Yoo is a near-perfect diss because it needs very little reading between the lines. No filler, all killer. Each line is a easily referenced. You need a damn wiki page to rock with this long ass joint. I agree with the poster who said these cats got one more each; I ain't tryna hear 3-4 more 5 minute joints